Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if Night Swim got a special deal on their lease? It is only open 5 days a week and I was there on a Monday morning at 9am and there were maybe 20 customers over an hour with 2 employees working. I'm guessing Tuesday - Thursday are much busier but seems like it would be hard to make a profit if you only have volume 43% of a week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

The link isn't active yet, but this also showed up in the Land-Use planning website today;

05/22/2023
23TMP-002635
Commercial Urban Uptown Mixed Use Development (UMUD)
605 SOUTH MINT & 610 SOUTH CHURCH

^^^ Those would be the two remaining lots for LU.  This type of submittal would imply that have advanced plans in place.

very interesting.  wonder if one is a residential tower and or hotel or one of both.  I just cant see another office tower unless there is an anchor in place.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Went back a few years to see what was discussed here for this site and hotel, residential and Brickell Center type shopping or Simon equivalent was common and repeated. Nobody knows anything.

if I remember correctly I sat across the table with a prominent developer and he told me 1.5M office, 1200 hotel, 1000 residential and 300K retail. Instead we are getting 2.4M sq feet of office and 6,000 parking spaces. I will say however, this parcel is more than large enough to hold two buildings. 

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Person A: "Hey, want to go hang out at Legacy Union after work?" 
Person B: "Sure, let's go sit on a bench by the grass patch and look at the lobby."

This conversation has never happened and never will. Forever an evening ghost town. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

In addition to the Land Use permits filed yesterday, actual building permits filed today:

605 Mint St. Office - Footing/Foundation

610 Church St. MF - Footing/foundation

^^^ MF stands for Multi-Family

LS3P listed as architect for both projects.

Interesting the residential is on S Church and the office building will be on Mint St.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

In addition to the Land Use permits filed yesterday, actual building permits filed today:

605 Mint St. Office - Footing/Foundation

610 Church St. MF - Footing/foundation

^^^ MF stands for Multi-Family

LS3P listed as architect for both projects.

At what point in the filing process will we learn about scale ( square footage of the office and units for the residential) of these towers?  Also, with this filing would it be safe to assume that a hotel is no longer a part of the project?

remember the massive low rise Duke Power deck will disappear in the years to come and that whole site will be redeveloped.    Now that I think of it having the Legacy residential tower on S Church across the redevelopment of the Duke Power building on S Church makes sense.  Lots of people to frequent all the retail planned at that project.  Honestly the new residential tower may help lease their retail space on the ground floor of the Mega garage. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1