Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

It's in the wooded area that borders Shelby Park at roughly the intersection of Davidson St. and 14th St. 

March and his team met recently with the Shelby Hills Neighborhood Association as well as Friends of Shelby Park And Shelby Bottoms to discuss these plans.  My understanding is that the project includes an extension of Village Court with 30-some houses, some built on piers with a connecting boardwalk, with the rest of the project being an apartment project on the Davidson Street end of the property.  The area between would remain wooded and this would effectively be like two separate developments.  Quite a bit of this site lies in a Conservation Policy area.

• Like 1

I have heard that the Citgo will be replaced on Main and Spring Street across from 5th and Main and replaced by a new Texcao Food Mart with retail on either side. Possibly one of those dual branded places with one fast food place on one side and one on the other like a Taco Bell and a Pizza   S L U T. 

Taco Bell Quesoritos with Siracha are not bad.

Not a big fan of Pizza S L U T, plus we have 5-6 pizza places on the East Side down from my place already.

Edited by Paramount747
  • Like 1

Yuck. I guess anything is better than the current iteration, but nothing screams "Welcome to Burgeoning East Nashville!" like gas pumps and fast food.

It seems like that land is far too valuable on so many fronts to be used for such a banal purpose, but the market apparently proves otherwise...

• Like 1

March and his team met recently with the Shelby Hills Neighborhood Association as well as Friends of Shelby Park And Shelby Bottoms to discuss these plans.  My understanding is that the project includes an extension of Village Court with 30-some houses, some built on piers with a connecting boardwalk, with the rest of the project being an apartment project on the Davidson Street end of the property.  The area between would remain wooded and this would effectively be like two separate developments.  Quite a bit of this site lies in a Conservation Policy area.

I'm guessing the lower end of this property fronting Davidson St flooded in 2010, does anyone know?     The article, if I'm reading it correctly, talks about the apartment building and its parking garage being built on a platform above ground level.   

I'm looking forward to this project spurring more growth and a "safer" feel to that area and hopefully the entire east bank from the Titans' stadium all the way up to I-65.

I hear they are going to use those old fuel tanks for "bonus points" on the driving range.

:rolleyes:

I am not a golfer but have been to TopGolf in Atlanta and Dallas and they are great fun for anyone.  The physical plant and building itself are impressive and will add a great new option for anyone and again I am not a golfer, but had a great time.  This will be a big hit and provide another outing for groups or just friends/family to enjoy, including kids.  I am certain you will be impressed. 

I'm guessing the lower end of this property fronting Davidson St flooded in 2010, does anyone know?     The article, if I'm reading it correctly, talks about the apartment building and its parking garage being built on a platform above ground level.   

I don't believe that the parking garage will be built above ground level.  The parking garage would be below or at ground level, but my impression is that while a parking garage can be constructed inside the flood plane, the bottom of the floor plate for the living spaces must be constructed above the flood level.  This is all my impression from a brief conversation regarding the Village Court/Davison Street project, and I need to read and learn more, so please forgive and most importantly correct any inaccuracies in my understanding.

1400 Fatherland pending, rehab or demo. I have to assume (prefer?) demo...its tiny and seems to not have been taken care of too well over the decades...depends on whether or not its age alone qualifies it as contributing? 1311 sold 6 months ago, that intersection is gonna be looking good soon

post-29512-0-88439800-1430909667_thumb.j

Edited by FatherLand

Heritage East, the apartment and town home project pending at Porter and Tillman, passed second reading after its public hearing last night.  There were about 15 neighbors there in support and 4-5 opposed.  This after someone organized an opposition effort complete with template letters.

http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2015_calendar_year/bl2015_1093_siteplan.pdf

RE: The now-razed Edgefield Restaurant site:

“We do not have plans for the site at this time,” William Bailey said. “I’m not sure how long it will be [until we decide what to do with the site]." --from the Post

:sigh:

RE: The now-razed Edgefield Restaurant site:

“We do not have plans for the site at this time,” William Bailey said. “I’m not sure how long it will be [until we decide what to do with the site]." --from the Post

:sigh:

Double-sigh!  I liked the design that was approved on that site around this time last year. 

I just don't understand. You could make that place almost anything and it would make a killing. Why sit on it for so long and then suddenly destroy it, only it to sit on it again?

There is only one explanation.........greed. I'm sure there has been a long line of inquiries and offers and business plans for that building. I would bet the owner is simply unreasonable.

Just like the guy I met at a yard sale yesterday. He had a tool that I wanted. It's retail value is about $250. I offered him a reasonable $150 considering it was used and this was a garage sale. He said he wouldn't take less than $225 and would rather throw it in the river than to give someone a bargain (which in reality was a fair price). I told him which direction the river was and to have a nice day.

• Like 2

There is only one explanation.........greed. I'm sure there has been a long line of inquiries and offers and business plans for that building. I would bet the owner is simply unreasonable.

Just like the guy I met at a yard sale yesterday. He had a tool that I wanted. It's retail value is about $250. I offered him a reasonable $150 considering it was used and this was a garage sale. He said he wouldn't take less than $225 and would rather throw it in the river than to give someone a bargain (which in reality was a fair price). I told him which direction the river was and to have a nice day.

Has anyone spoken to the property owner to learn more about his or her reasons for not building at this time?   

Has anyone spoken to the property owner to learn more about his or her reasons for not building at this time?   

Wouldn't a difference in assessment be made from parcel and structure reduced to just a parcel?  Over a period of a year, property taxes can add up to a small chunk, not to mention the cumulative of a stack of several years, even if the structure on it amounted to nothing but a dump.  I've never noticed this site, since I haven't been past Five Points in years.  I have seen in parts of Old North Nashville where owners sometimes are forced to level a Metro-condemned unit, but that's high unlikely the case in the primed Five-Points area.  So I suspect that the owners might have needed to prep the property up to codes for leasing, and it's also possible that they might have their resources tied up with other matters at present.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

1400 Fatherland pending, rehab or demo. I have to assume (prefer?) demo...its tiny and seems to not have been taken care of too well over the decades...depends on whether or not its age alone qualifies it as contributing? 1311 sold 6 months ago, that intersection is gonna be looking good soon

This one has stuck out like a sore thumb for a while, considering the very modern new house adjacent on 14th.

This intersection is OK.  There's still the beer mart here with its wide parking lot entrance on both sides of the NE corner instead of a sidewalk.  It's at a hilly spot with a 4way stop that gets rolled through.  The sidewalk is missing on the NE corner and also soon ends abruptly on the SE corner.  Considering this is halfway between the 11th Local Taco/Martin Corner and the 17th Post/O+S areas I would think it would be high priority to get the sidewalk completed.

The next stretch past the SE corner on Fatherland is a weird series of homes where the address and mailboxes are up on Fatherland but that falls off a cliff and the homes are really only accessible by the alley.

I got the postcard in the mail about this rezoning request from metro planning today.

We had discussed this lot when it was listed for sale.  It does not include the church, but an adjacent grass field owned by the church that used to host a farmers market not to long ago. This is across the street from the under construction Farrow and it sounds like a similar concept.

2015SP-070-001

A request to rezone from R8 to SP-MU zoning for a portion of property located at 210 S. 10th Street, at the southwest corner of S. 10th Street and Russell Street (0.50 acres), to permit up to 13 attached residential units and up to 2,190 square feet of commercial space, requested by Civil Site Design Group, PLLC, applicant; East Nashville Free Will Baptist Church, Inc., owner.

• Like 1