Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

Birdsong is now selling 4-pack cans of Jalapeno Pale Ale as of 4:30 yesterday.. I know because I picked one up at the brewery :) I would imagine you should see them around town at bottle shops, etc pretty soon.

How much are they charging in the taproom -- just curious -- I'm guessing 10ish?  So bummed I was there Wed, watching them can it, piles of it stacking up.  I sort of begged to buy some but they wouldn't sell me any.  Missed it by only 1 day.  

Birdsong is now selling 4-pack cans of Jalapeno Pale Ale as of 4:30 yesterday.. I know because I picked one up at the brewery :) I would imagine you should see them around town at bottle shops, etc pretty soon.

Depends...they were selling like mad in the tap room yesterday...I got two myself! 

But yeah, based on the stack of cans in the brewery, they will be canning lots of this.  I've read the minimum for buying pre-printed cans (vs the wrapped ones) is almost 100,000 cans. 

How much are they charging in the taproom -- just curious -- I'm guessing 10ish?  So bummed I was there Wed, watching them can it, piles of it stacking up.  I sort of begged to buy some but they wouldn't sell me any.  Missed it by only 1 day.  

They were $10 per 4-pack. Hopefully that's the cost for all their canned beers. One of the things I like about Birdsong is that their pricing is consistent against all their beers, at least with the growlers unless you're buying a special release like Honey Pie DIPA.

Ha ha, what the frick, Hop Drop and Coco are 9 bucks a can, to go, at the new market at CLT.

20150527_073952_zps3aviz7fi.jpg

Woah, 36 bus a four pack to fly home with is not what I had in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Prepare for non-news:

I have been asking Rob (the owner) about the second Bulldog location for several weeks, he still wont say where it is going to be every week he says "ask me next week") Although two weeks ago he told me he was signing the lease.

Tonight was more of the same story, but he did offer that the second location is "not real close to here" but it was a reasonable "bikable distance" from the current location.

Like I said, non-news. Sorry.

Edited by kermit

Tonight was more of the same story, but he did offer that the second location is "not real close to here" but it was a reasonable "bikable distance" from the current location.

My hope based on that tidbit would be Elizabeth Ave or somewhere around the Central/Louise/Five Points cluster. I was imagining that he'd be doing a more suburban second location but using the term "bikable distance" makes me think maybe not. 

I avoid chains as much as possible too but to be fair Rock Bottom's have given their local brew masters much more independence in recent years and the one in Denver was really good and competing with the locals. That said, I've never been to CLT one either as I prefer a local place or a tap room with locals. Still, they seem to do very well as I see a decent crowd whenever I walk over to Duckworths. Most likely it's the tourist business crowd but maybe they are decent. Can anyone comment?

To each their own, but as someone that doesn't live in or right outside the loop, it's just not on my short list of places to go uptown. Like elrodvt, I prefer local joints to chains... I do remember Rock Bottom being there before the Epicentre, NC Music Factory and the plethora of places that are around town now though. It definitely had its following then, but also before the whole craft beer explosion here.

I would kill someone for an uptown brewery... Heck, maybe we can all perfect our homebrew skills an open one ourselves. Call it "UPtown Brewing Co." (see what did with UP there :) #BadMarketingSkills)

Count me in. Heck my homebrew is as good as some of the crap 4 Friends used to put out! Plus I brew all gluten free-ish beers (gluten reduced) so we can corner the local market on the pretend gluten free diet people (my wife actually has celiac so she has no choice but to drink GF-ish beer).

Three spirits has just put out their first newsletter. They are billing their taproom as a "similar to an upscale wine bar for beer lovers". 

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/What-s-on-Tap-With-Three-Spirits-Brewery.html?soid=1118520161152&aid=mYyEMzfuchw

5a02e8f6-52a9-42b6-8bc5-3688b7235752.jpg

Why is this?: "Although we must be in an industrial area by law, the second you step inside, you'll be embraced by an oasis of peace and relaxation. " Is that part of why no one but RB brews in center city?