Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

The whole industry is on the struggle bus. 

For Many Craft Breweries, the Apocalypse is Now - Paste Magazine

Dreamchasers situation is a bit different than a traditional struggle.  They tried to buy the building and had funding approved but the current landlord bought the building over what it appraised for (which they couldn't do with a loan) knowing what their lease situation was. Brewery owners said the landlord has been trying to get them out since the purchase. They decided to retire and sell the business rather than deal with the landlord anymore who clearly didn't want them. Landlord then denies the new owner a lease (they were apparently willing to pay the increased rent).  Now the brewery owners are scrambling to close up and sell the equipment.  Sounds more like a "F-this, I'm out" situation than one that couldn't keep profitable.  The landlord sounds wonderful. 

39 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

Also...something going on with Wooden Robot. They have closed both taprooms until further notice 👀

Joe Bruno reporting someone died at the Southend location today as a result of a fall.  😞 

4 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Reports now saying it was Wooden Robot’s co-owner and co-founder Dan.  crap.  Incredibly tragic.  

Awful. So young and brought a great brewery to our city. My thoughts are with his family and friends, understandably in shock.

Edited by CLT2014

sad news in the local brewery business today

""Wooden Robot Brewery's co-founder Dan Wade died after a fall at the South End location on Tuesday. The brewery has temporarily closed both of its taprooms in Charlotte.

Co-founder Josh Patton posted the new on Instagram Tuesday afternoon.

"It is with an extremely sad and heavy heart that we share this news. Due to an accident that occurred today, we lost one of our founders, co-owners, and friend, Dan. We ask that you respect the privacy of his loved ones in this incredibly difficult time. We are all still in shock and need time to process everything, but we will do our best to keep everyone in the loop for when we open up our taprooms again. Your thoughts and prayers for Dan’s family, his wife, and his son are much appreciated at this time," he wrote.""

Wooden Robot Brewery co-founder killed in accident at brewery - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, InSouthPark said:

What in the world?  Some of those giant tanks are $1?!?!?!!  Do they have to honor the final prices?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Tyber Creek is becoming an Irish Pub juggernaut flanking both sides of Southend.

They are opening shortly at Mint and Summit (perminantly, they purchased the land -- I hope they did their environmental due diligence) and still plan to open back up in the new tower on the existing site.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2024/03/13/tyber-creek-pub-bar-south-end-gold-district-moves.html

Edited by kermit

On 2/20/2024 at 3:17 PM, InSouthPark said:

DreamChasers brewery in Waxhaw is closing up next month.  Rent increase was too much. They had a buyer lined up but the landlord wouldn't approve it because the new owners "didn't have business ownership experience". 

That is a shame for Waxhaw as I know a lot of residents frequented it often.  I have a been a few times (when I am out that way already) and it was usually busy. 

https://www.facebook.com/Dreamchasersbrewery/posts/pfbid026o29qt1CdebsdSMDxwGUh5BdDo

Good news for the citizens of Waxhaw:  

image.thumb.png.a8811b43972442879acb06a996881fe2.png

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 3:28 PM, kermit said:

Wow, Tyber Creek is becoming an Irish Pub juggernaut flanking both sides of Southend.

They are opening shortly at Mint and Summit (perminantly, they purchased the land -- I hope they did their environmental due diligence) and still plan to open back up in the new tower on the existing site.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2024/03/13/tyber-creek-pub-bar-south-end-gold-district-moves.html

They are no longer going in the tower on the existing site.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:20 PM, grodney said:

So are they going in the same space?

Yep! They don’t have many details on if they are going to brew any small batches or anything, but they are taking the space. I would assume it will just be a taproom and they add a kitchen. 

12 hours ago, CLTProductions said:

They are no longer going in the tower on the existing site.

Yes, they are. Just a different concept, same owners though

2 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

"New Concept" <> "Tyber Creek Pub"

The new concept could be a high end cocktail bar for all we know 

Not sure how this makes my comment irrelevant