Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

On 3/10/2020 at 5:55 PM, NashWellington11 said:

Just a giant shipment of tanks passing through Nashville via the Asurion construction cam. Coronavirus prep?  :tw_tounge_xd:

1847121385_Tanks3.thumb.JPG.c0cd899b31177bf1e1a8a89a30d81988.JPG

Those are M88 Armored Recovery Vehicles (think tow trucks for tanks). A lot of National Guard units are engineers and logistics, so there is probably a National Guard battalion somewhere getting new vehicles or being converted to a new mission.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

The new Publix in Capital View downtown is very well stocked compared to the tons of empty shelves of the Kroger in Green Hills or the Publix in Belle Meade.  

I ventured there when they opened at 8:00 this morning.  There was a line of people waiting to get in.  I went straight to the toilet paper and there were three packages left.  I took one and only one so the wife and I are stocked for the next two weeks or more.  As you said, the store seemed relatively well stocked though I noted empty shelves in the cold medicine section.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

And it is free, the delivery and the groceries too, if you qualify based on income, etc. 

• Like 3

O

51 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Interesting that the suburb counties are growing faster than Davidson.  Is that because of cost of housing in Davidson?

One theory is that in Davidson County many of the new homes are actually rebuilds on previous residential lots---so just "replacing" population on those cases.  In the surrounding countries, nearly all homes/apartments are being built on previously vacant areas--so "new" populace. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

O

One theory is that in Davidson County many of the new homes are actually rebuilds on previous residential lots---so just "replacing" population on those cases.  In the surrounding countries, nearly all homes/apartments are being built on previously vacant areas--so "new" populace. 

That, and Davidson county’s higher price of housing is causing larger households to be replaced with smaller households. The larger households are likely relocating to the surrounding counties causing their numbers to increase faster. 

• Like 4

Sending out a notice like that shouldn't change any behavior they should have already been doing. Just reinforces the need to keep social distance... antiseptic wipes after touching elevator buttons, light switches, door handles, etc....  no face touching...  and keeping those hands washed.  And divulging the person's identity without permission would be a HIPAA violation. 

• Like 2