Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, e-dub said:

I went out for the first time in ages last night, there was a party at The End with some deejays I wanted to catch. I let the promoter use one of my mixers, so I dropped by a little early during load in to drop the thing off. It's been a while since I'd been in The End with the lights on and I remembered how much absolutely adore that space. This is one of the bits of Nashville that need to be protected at all costs, imo. The place is punk AF and I have way too many good memories there - rest in peace to the former sound engineer (and bag man) Brad Baker.

We used to do a party there years ago, Strictly Social, a drum n bass monthly and we had a great run. Most of our parties were at The End.

IMG_20200103_183318.thumb.jpg.6957bc4f642e8839b1b619ae6ef3c749.jpg

When someone mentions a "dive"...I always think of this place.  A rock band I managed played there a lot around 2010-2012.  Weird, cool place.

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I'm talking "weird" in a good way.  It's a dive-bar type atmosphere...funky...eclectic...one-of-a-kind.  It's not your cleaned-up, corporate-type venue.  It's gritty and full of soul.   Very Nashville and needs to NEVER go away.

Gotcha! Yes, The End is absolutely a special place :)

• Like 1

The End is an amazing place for young and/or touring bands that aren't high profile enough for Exit/In.  If you're ever there, take a peek at the posters above the bar and you'll see a bunch of bands that are now insanely popular/influential.   When we talk about Nashville culture this is one of the spaces that is the epicenter of that.   Go Nashville

• Like 3

8 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

The End is an amazing place for young and/or touring bands that aren't high profile enough for Exit/In.  If you're ever there, take a peek at the posters above the bar and you'll see a bunch of bands that are now insanely popular/influential.   When we talk about Nashville culture this is one of the spaces that is the epicenter of that.   Go Nashville

Yep.

As I was doing that on Friday, a poster from a show The Dirtbombs did in 2005 caught my eye. I don't know how big they are, per se, but I know they did do an album called "Party Store" of them playing a bunch of Detroit Techno classics that was pretty cool

• Like 1

Can't say the Macy's closing is a surprise. It's a matter of time before somebody buys the entire Rivergate property, razes it, and redevelops it into the next Providence Marketplace, The Avenue, Streets of Indian Lake, etc.

Indoor shopping malls (most of them) just aren't popular these days. Neither are department stores.

• Like 1