Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

PUMPED! 

Into Opry Mills, but my wife has been begging for one of these for quite a while...

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2013/01/24/coveted-clothing-retailer-hm-to-open.html

I saw that on facebook. I don't know a thing about the place...but hey, I guess some people are excited. And good for Opry Mills. Keep that sales tax revenue in-county.

Realized my comments didn't separate. The "Pumped" was in response to the 100 Oaks Taco Bell!

Oh yeah, I got that. Now you have the opportunity to get explosive diarrhea on the way home after a movie at Hollywood 27.

The location concerns me a little bit. It's basically on a sliver of land (it looks like they're primarily going after drive-thru traffic on the way to I-65) and in between two traffic lights (Powell Pl and Armory Oaks). I can see this creating a bit of a traffic snarl at certain times of day.

Into Opry Mills, but my wife has been begging for one of these for quite a while...

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2013/01/24/coveted-clothing-retailer-hm-to-open.html

Glad an H&M is opening, but severely disappointed about the location. Love or hate their clothing, they are great at designing urban retail stores. I've seen some incredible spaces of theirs in various cities around the country. I haven't been to Opry Mills since before the flood, but back then, it was a wasteland. I can't imagine that much has changed.

I would have liked to see them somewhere on 5th or maybe Church St. in midtown.

Edited by nashvillwill

This is good news. I'm actually shocked it took them so long to enter this market. H&M really isn't destination retail to me like a department store, so we could easily support another one of these in the Gulch or somewhere else once they acclimate to the market. We had a small store at the mall when I lived in Ann Arbor that was pretty disappointing to anyone who has ever been to one of their larger stores especially the one in Midtown Manhattan. I would expect this one to be one of their smaller stores given the mall location which means you can forget about a decent selection for men.

Edited by ariesjow

With as much press as we're getting lately, I'm praying that we don't fall to the ranks of the "overrated" cities. There's a lot to love about here, but a lot of these sort of fluff pieces are building us up as this undiscovered paradise.

I hope we don't end up as the flavor of the week.

...that isn't to say that the articles and positive perception of the city won't benefit us in terms of tourism and potential new residents. But it could also drive prices up.

Here Ya go

That would probably be at 5106 Delaware.

Permits can run but they cant hide long from me. A five minute search and your answer.

TO CONSTRUCT A NEW TWO STORY 16 UNIT (2 BDRM EACH ) APARTMENT BLDG....9219 SQFT ON EACH FLOOR...TOTAL AT 18,438 SQFT. SEE COMBINED PARCELS 259, 260, 261 AND 258. PRIMARY ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING LOCATED ALONG THE BLDG FACING THE STREET.... FRONT SETBACK AT 14'....MAX HT AT UNDER 30'.... LOT AT 30,750 SQFT....REQUIRED MIN 3,075 SQFT OF GREEN SPACE....32 PARKING SPACES..

HAYES, JOHN COLEMAN CONSTRUCTION CO INC

This is the same John C Hayes that developed and built the West End.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a quick summary of what we've learned in the last few weeks about impending projects:

West End Summit East in Mid Town - 22 Stories - Starting late March

West End Summit West in Mid Town - 17 stories - Starting late March

Intercontinental Hotel @ West End Summit in Mid Town- 18 stories - Late March

The Mondrian (12th and Laurel) in the Gulch - 23 Stories - March or April

The Buckingham Development Apartments in Mid Town(AKA Nashvile West End) - 14 stories - late Spring

The Buckingham Development Hotel in Mid Town (AKA Nashvile West End) - 18 stories - late Spring

Hilton Garden Inn in SoBro - 11 Stories - Spring

The SoBro Apartments - 33 Stories - Construction date not announced, but strong reason to believe early this year

Residence Inn by Marriot in SoBro - 14 stories - by end of year

Whew! Let the Vancouverization of Nashville begin.

• Like 2

Good job!  I think there will be an announcement soon on the block of KVB between 4th and 5th.  Bridges will move out of their building by the beginning of summer.  The Atlanta-based developers are being very quiet about this site, and I still don't know who owns the western portion of that site (does anyone here).  But with all the talk about a need for another 500-room high quality hotel, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of something soon... maneuverings may be going on behind the scenes with some "sugar" from Karl Dean and Co. Considering that KVB is really the only area of SoBro that can be built tall (So I understand according to the recent plan and prior articles on the zoning), that is about the only site that could accommodate a hotel of that size.  Plus, as we have seen recently, the block on the corner of Demonbreun and 8th will very likely be pursued by MDHA for future Music City Center expansion.  I'm starting to imagine pieces coming together.  One snag with the site on KVB between 4th and 5th will be its view of downtown is blocked considerably by the Omni... so they may want to go quite tall at that site.  I still think we could see a combo of hotel/apartments/condo on that block. 

OK, a quick summary of what we've learned in the last few weeks about impending projects:

West End Summit East in Mid Town - 22 Stories - Starting late March

West End Summit West in Mid Town - 17 stories - Starting late March

Intercontinental Hotel @ West End Summit in Mid Town- 18 stories - Late March

The Mondrian (12th and Laurel) in the Gulch - 23 Stories - March or April

The Buckingham Development Apartments in Mid Town(AKA Nashvile West End) - 14 stories - late Spring

The Buckingham Development Hotel in Mid Town (AKA Nashvile West End) - 18 stories - late Spring

Hilton Garden Inn in SoBro - 11 Stories - Spring

The SoBro Apartments - 33 Stories - Construction date not announced, but strong reason to believe early this year

Residence Inn by Marriot in SoBro - 14 stories - by end of year

Whew! Let the Vancouverization of Nashville begin.

Good list, but IIRC, the Buckingham hotel has been reduced to 17, and the apartments raised to 15 (and the height of both would be roughly 200').

• Like 1

Good job!  I think there will be an announcement soon on the block of KVB between 4th and 5th.  Bridges will move out of their building by the beginning of summer.  The Atlanta-based developers are being very quiet about this site, and I still don't know who owns the western portion of that site (does anyone here).  But with all the talk about a need for another 500-room high quality hotel, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of something soon... maneuverings may be going on behind the scenes with some "sugar" from Karl Dean and Co. Considering that KVB is really the only area of SoBro that can be built tall (So I understand according to the recent plan and prior articles on the zoning), that is about the only site that could accommodate a hotel of that size.  Plus, as we have seen recently, the block on the corner of Demonbreun and 8th will very likely be pursued by MDHA for future Music City Center expansion.  I'm starting to imagine pieces coming together.  One snag with the site on KVB between 4th and 5th will be its view of downtown is blocked considerably by the Omni... so they may want to go quite tall at that site.  I still think we could see a combo of hotel/apartments/condo on that block. 

Actually the Bridges parcel and the Eastern end is owned by Pinnacle Hospitality out of Nashville. The Western end of the block is owned by North Point Hospitality out of Atlanta. They have plans for the Residence Inn and a Spring Hill Suites running down the east side of 5th. The next block on the western corner of 5th and KVB I think is owned by Platinum Hotels out of Hermitage.