Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Love the Grand Prix idea!  

To briefly take it back to the Preds for just a moment, I just had to share this adorable video WKRN posted to their facebook page of a very young Predators superfan giving the team some encouragement after their loss.  

• Like 4

On 6/15/2017 at 6:44 AM, LA_TN said:

Affordable housing and transportation solution. Unfortunately, this is real:

20170603_154743.jpg

I know two people who live in vans and they absolutely love it. For them, it has nothing to do with affordability, they make enough money to live comfortably in a nice apartment. Neither of them "look" like they're living out of their vehicles and each has a car they drive to go back and forth to work.  One guy renovated the entire inside and it has a laminate floor, stove, top, loveseat, mini fridge, a sink, and a full size mattress.  These two vans look like crap, but some people enjoy that lifestyle.

• Like 1

One of the sites is on Cowan street and we all know that I snot available any longer because it seemingly is in the footprint of River North.

Two other sites are land Metro and the State own and these conversations were a number of years ago, and the last is in the Nations. One, they are not going to sale and the site is too small, and the area is in transition and they would be booted out sooner rather than later.

The last is on Ashland City Hwy. The Bells Bends crazy's would be all over that one.

Carl Ichan, just face it, you are not welcome in Nashville.

• Like 2

I know someone who has connections with PSC. I had that individual run the rehashed story by them and FWIW, the Controller dismissed the story as "rumors" and asserted there were no short term plans in the works to relocate.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

I know many on here like to keep track of large companies with a Nashville presence since those companies can become tenants in future office projects.  

Envision Healthcare was created last quarter when Nashville-based AmSurg merged with Denver-based Envision Healthcare. Both were publicly traded and Envision was #538 on the Fortune 1000 with $4.59 billion in revenue. AmSurg was #766 with $2.57 billion in revenue.  Their merger was complete as of November of 2016, and the corporate executives and much of the corporate office is relocating to Nashville from Denver.  They're based in Burton Hills currently, but with future growth I could see them being a potential target for an expanded office. They should land in the mid to high 300s for 2017 with revenues somewhere around $7.2 billion which will give Nashville a new Fortune 500 company. 

This is good to hear. When the merger occurred, the initial reports were that the corporate office would be in Denver

• Like 3

On 6/24/2017 at 0:50 PM, jmtunafish said:

For the first time in months I was able to venture into Nashville, and holy cow I couldn't believe the difference in downtown from just a few months ago.  To me, the first thing I noticed was just how massive the Bridgestone tower is.  Coming into downtown from I-24/40 east, the Bridgestone tower makes quite an impact.  I mean it looms large and is very impressive, almost in-your-face.  Then, with all the other new construction in that general area, especially in the Rolling Mill Hill neighborhood, the initial impression is that downtown has crept toward the 24/40 split, whereas just a few months ago downtown still looked like it was off in the distance.  I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Then later on I went back into downtown, this time from I-65 south (Brentwood) and stayed left on 65 instead of veering right onto 40 to get back home.  Again, all the towers in the Gulch and all the new construction taking place immediately next to the interstate make downtown look like it's hugging the interstate.  It wasn't that long ago when I-65 (formerly 265) didn't seem to really hit downtown until the Demonbreun Street exit.  Now downtown seems to go on forever.

I know some people in this forum are all bent out of shape that Nashville's skyline still doesn't have a new tallest.  But I am far more impressed with how Nashville's skyline is stretching out and covering more square miles.  In fact, I dare say that because of Nashville's stretched-out skyline and the way the interstates are laid out, I had the impression that Nashville's urban core is far larger than some of the flash-in-the-pan skylines in some of Nashville's peer cities.  Some peer cities have taller skylines, but they kind of look like Oz in that they're visible from a distance and are impressive up close, but two minutes later they're already in the rear view mirror.  That is absolutely not the way Nashville's urban core is shaping up, and it was fun to see.

I'm driving down this Thursday from DC after about 7 months away. I'm excited to see the changes!

• Like 3