Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

On 5/26/2017 at 1:01 AM, claya91 said:

SInce we're discussing the 2016 population estimates, here's a breakdown.

Nashville Area Census Estimates - July 1, 2016 

Combined Statistical Area: 1,987,778

Metropolitan Statistical Area: 1,865,298

Nashville-Davidson County: 684,410  

Nashville-Davidson (Balance): 660,388 

So based on this.  and a population increase of ~ 36000 per year.  the Combined statistical area probably crossed the 2 million mark in January. 

• Like 2

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman was on the 104.5 The Zone's "Midday 180" show on Friday and spoke, among other things, about the growing possibility of Nashville hosting one of the Stadium Series games in the not-too-distant future.  You can listen to the interview be scrolling down to the bottom of the page at this link:

http://www.1045thezone.com/midday-180/

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 7.24.38 AM.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman was on the 104.5 The Zone's "Midday 180" show on Friday and spoke, among other things, about the growing possibility of Nashville hosting one of the Stadium Series games in the not-too-distant future.  You can listen to the interview be scrolling down to the bottom of the page at this link:

http://www.1045thezone.com/midday-180/

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 7.24.38 AM.png

I listened to the interview and didn't hear him actually mention Stadium Series but if that's what they're reporting it's fine.  To be clear, the Stadium Series is not the same thing as the Winter Classic which (usually) takes place on New Years Day.  I doubt we would ever be able to get a Winter Classic because of the Music City Bowl, they wouldn't have time to prep the stadium as they need at least several days.

On 5/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, VSRJ said:

I think Memphis' inevitable population growth (as slow as it may be) could someday come from people fleeing Nashville's ever-increasing cost of living. I already know of a few people who are leaving Nashville for Memphis and are amazed at the low cost of real estate and housing. They're selling their houses here, making a killing off the sale and then moving to Memphis to live a very comfortable life.

I don't see myself moving back to Memphis anytime soon -- I'm too much of a big/growing city kinda guy -- but you can't argue the economic sense it makes.

I highly doubt people will be moving to Memphis because of the low cost of living. People move for jobs and job opportunities - something Memphis lacks (in abundance).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

I highly doubt people will be moving to Memphis because of the low cost of living. People move for jobs and job opportunities - something Memphis lacks (in abundance).

Exactly I hate when people say that....Mississippi has a low cost of living, wouldn't make most people move there. People want to live in a livable exciting city.

• Like 2