Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

That is pretty solid!  Maybe they can channel that into an expanded space behing the Latta Arcade, unless the new buidling there won't allow for that.  Thanks for sharing!

As a Hooligans regular (that seriously might be an understatement...) I hope that place never changes.  I'm already afraid that the word is out now and it's going to busy all the time.  Then I'll just have to drink and lament about the old days when it was me and 7 other random dudes in a dark bar yelling why Derby County didn't get promoted.

Also, I don't think they will have any room with the new building.

• Like 3

As a Hooligans regular (that seriously might be an understatement...) I hope that place never changes.  I'm already afraid that the word is out now and it's going to busy all the time.  Then I'll just have to drink and lament about the old days when it was me and 7 other random dudes in a dark bar yelling why Derby County didn't get promoted.

Also, I don't think they will have any room with the new building.

I'm sure you've seen the new spot above Hooligans, Upper Deck I think, but for all intents and purposes it and Belfast Mill and Hooligans seems to all spill into eachother in a pretty awesome way. I wonder if they already act as Hooligans site B during crowded games?

That is pretty solid!  Maybe they can channel that into an expanded space behing the Latta Arcade, unless the new buidling there won't allow for that.  Thanks for sharing!

nope, only going to be a small alley between :-(

I'm sure you've seen the new spot above Hooligans, Upper Deck I think, but for all intents and purposes it and Belfast Mill and Hooligans seems to all spill into eachother in a pretty awesome way. I wonder if they already act as Hooligans site B during crowded games?

Woah never even noticed Upper Deck when I was there...how big is it?

We need to make this happen!

BqQwwzMIQAAnFmF_zpscf07b332.jpg

Show this to everyone you can, we need to write the city about this idea.

I love this idea, especially facing the park.  Hell, what's wrong with bringing back a version of the old Hornets murals for that matter?  The less plain exposed concrete we have in this city, the better.

• Like 4

I love this idea, especially facing the park.  Hell, what's wrong with bringing back a version of the old Hornets murals for that matter?  The less plain exposed concrete we have in this city, the better.

Actually - I prefer the more abstract and green version originally presented by Ricky Davis Fan.  

In a city that others bemoan is too commercial and without soul - I think having a art for arts sake (along with urban beautification) without logos, ads, and the such would be better....

Actually - I prefer the more abstract and green version originally presented by Ricky Davis Fan.  

In a city that others bemoan is too commercial and without soul - I think having a art for arts sake (along with urban beautification) without logos, ads, and the such would be better....

I'm fine with either.  And actually, I kind of like logos and ads on buildings.  Makes the drab and boring more interesting.  In the heart of almost every European city, there are hundred-year old buildings with neon and LED lit corporate logos on their roofs and fascias.  The sooner Charlotte gets over its terrible sign ordinance, the better.  Give me some Coca Cola letters that fill up, or give me a sign that spells out "H-S-B-C" or "S-A-M-S-U-N-G".  

One thing I noticed at the Pops concert: people definitely brought bottles of wine to drink. Anybody know if the city made a special allowance for it like they do for South Park or if the police just didn't care? It was nice to see people able to enjoy wine in the park.

I think that was probably like the way tailgating is handled. Drinking a beer on the street in public? No problem on game day, even if you walk confidently by a copy with a beer in your hand. They just turn their eye unless a problem presents itself.

It still is Hooligans. They just "rebranded" it.

They have subleased the space so the bartender can cater to the baseball crowd and get overflow from soccer matches.  Kinda like Vintage is Valhalla's wine bar, just branded differently.  Upper Deck will also be the official Chelsea supporters space.  

KP, the part-owner of Hooligan's, is one hell of a businessman and master carpenter for pulling off the WC watching parties.  Tuesday will be quite a show...

They have subleased the space so the bartender can cater to the baseball crowd and get overflow from soccer matches.  Kinda like Vintage is Valhalla's wine bar, just branded differently.  Upper Deck will also be the official Chelsea supporters space.  

KP, the part-owner of Hooligan's, is one hell of a businessman and master carpenter for pulling off the WC watching parties.  Tuesday will be quite a show...

Correct.  I had to listen to those a-holes stomping like idiots when they beat us (Liverpool) late in the season.  It was a dagger.  And I'll be there Tuesday, haha.  I'm basically helping fund Mark and KP's retirement funds at this point.

• Like 2

Oh, fantastic! I missed the last couple Chelsea matches so I didn't know we were taking over Upper Deck. Have fun finishing second or worse in the Premiership this season, everyone else.

I will no longer be taking your soccer posts as good ideas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We watched the show from my office, which overlooks the park and the stadium.  Has anyone seen (or is anyonw willing to guess) how many people were in the immediate area for the show?  The park was packed for sure - but how successful was it?  Would love to know...

• Like 1