Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

LOL august? They're going to build an entire baseball stadium on a bigger plot of land faster than they built this thing.

When's the forcasted completion date for bb&t park? I've been assuming it would be early '14

Polluted soil is quite a likely scenario given the gas station and other industrial uses here.   It did seem to creep at the beginning, so maybe that was the problem.  

Comparing to the baseball stadium is a little unfair, as they are clearly managing that project for a quicker turn around given the deadlines of the baseball season.  The park does not have a hard deadline to drive for, so they may have gotten a little lazier in managing the project strictly, or else lowered some costs by being a little more lenient with contractors on their timelines.  

I think the most likely is that last one, that they gave their contractors more time as a cost savings.

It is ashame, though, that the park can not be used as much this summer.

Couldn't resist.  Had to stitch them together and color correct.

That's cool.  I always split the full photo so I don't mess up the page width too badly.  Guess I don't know how to post a thumbnail or whatever.  That color correction is really nice, too.