Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

I think the side-view posted above is better, but here's my standard shot.  I changed my camera to 8mp in case you want to zoom in more, but I don't think I know how to get the full-res image to show up here.  Oh well.

New pavers going in on the far left.

20130802_141328_zps7bde4709.jpg

This might be the full-res one:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/grodney/20130802_141328_zps7bde4709.jpg~original

Edited by grodney
  • Like 1

youre going to be sitting sideways and sliding down. 

Paul Wall approves....

tumblr_lz96kogY4m1r33wdzo1_400.jpg

But to his displeasure, I'm sure they are just there for the time being.  This park looks pretty "uniform" from the renders.

Edited by ah59396
  • Like 2

So what is going to fill the other half-block on the right side of the photo? Anything planned yet?

I heard things a while back, but nothing that i know of is actually happening there. (to my knowledge)

It might just be MEH for a couple years, but once the trees mature and the flowers go through seasons, we will really really love this thing and it will be a great asset to the city.

Yeah the trees need to grow and the stone/brick needs to get worn in feeling, but I don't find it meh right now, I'm actually pretty pleased with it on the whole, especially how the art wall/water feature/center junction area is coming out. 

I don't have the luxury of seeing it in person :-(. I'll be in town next for Thanksgiving.