Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

• 4 weeks later...

If this park is going to open in June, they have a lot of work to do in the next 3 months. 

It looks to me like All that needs to be done on the Church Street side is for grass to be planted/sod trucked in, plantings to be done, and pavers to be put in place. I feel like this could easily be done by June.But what do I know?

If this park is going to open in June, they have a lot of work to do in the next 3 months. 

Once all the concrete form and stone work is complete, the area will transform quickly. Laying sod and planting trees/flowers/shrubs won't take long at all. It could go from looking like a barren dirt field to completely green in the matter of a few days.

So EXCITING! I'm going to be in town for 23 hours on April 20th and I plan on stopping by the park, so they better get a move on! FYI I'll be at Heist on April 20th after I fly in at about 1pm. 

This will become a whole new neighborhood with the opening of the park then the Knights stadium next year!

Not to mention the 3 apartment towers, 1 hotel, 1 office building being built adjacent! 

One day soon I can do the following;

Take light rail to 3rd street station, go to hooligans for Saturday morning breakfast/Liverpool game (watch them win), go to the park afterwards and just relax for a bit, continuing walking right into ball field for Saturday matinee game (watch them win).  Light rail home that night.  Boom.

• Like 1

Boom.  You left out drinking in all those activities.  Why?  WHY???

Seriously whats wrong with him... Drinking at Hooligans, Drinking in the Saturday Matinee Game, and then brown-bagging it in the park.