Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of weeks ago I strolled around Elmwood Cemetery with my camera and tripod. This is my first attempt at a panoramic image. Unfortunately at the time I went the sun was directly behind the gravesite in the middle so the lighting caused the shot to be of lower quality than I'd ordinarily hope for, but then again I was just playing around. I hope to get some more practice in on panoramic shots and take some from different vantage points throughout the city.

post-1-1170438361_thumb.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I strolled around Elmwood Cemetery with my camera and tripod. This is my first attempt at a panoramic image. Unfortunately at the time I went the sun was directly behind the gravesite in the middle so the lighting caused the shot to be of lower quality than I'd ordinarily hope for, but then again I was just playing around. I hope to get some more practice in on panoramic shots and take some from different vantage points throughout the city.

Nice Neo. I dont see any stich marks or anything, is that how you did it? And you can never go wrong with B&W in a cemetary scene.

Thanks Mobuchu! I just swiveled my D2H on the tripod for about eight pictures in manual mode and used Photoshop CS2's photo merge to put them together. I did have to crop the pic a little though to get it to line up in a straight horizontal image, but it much easier than I imagined it would be. It certainly isn't my favorite picture I've taken but I was pleased that it turned out at least viewable. 8-) Too bad they lock up Elmwood Cemetery after dark.

I got a rare chance today to go up to the Judges Chambers in the new Mecklenburg County Courthouse. Off of their offices they have a huge outdoor patio with a great view of the skyline. Here are some pics I snapped while up there today.

courtskyline.jpg

This shot really shows the midrise building density starting to return to downtown.

courtskylinedense.jpg

And these shots show that 2nd Ward has a LOT of potential...to put it nicely.

2ndward.jpg

And even more potential for McDowell Street...

mcdowell.jpg

Archived