Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if you misspoke but the pond at Marshall Park is no where near being natural. It's about a 3-4 foot deep concrete pond whose only wildlife are the geese and ducks that use it as a bathroom, which probably explains it's wonderful colors.

I may have posted this one a few months ago, but I still though I should contribute something if I can...

Taken with my old Canon Powershot about 11 months ago:

331542072_f3bf7b3e97_o.jpg

I'd really like to get back to Charlotte and seriously explore the place, especially now with my DSLR.

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from the field at the corner of Oaklawn and Statesville. I love the skyline from this vatage point, just some ugly power lines that kinda kill it.

(Anyone care to take a stab at this one as a future rendering? The new BofA should fill in a big gap and the Wachovia, Trump, and Vue will be prominent...)

6-5-07

original.jpg

It would be nice to get a little elevation on this angle. then you could skirt the power lines and stray trees. Although I do like the row of trees just below the skyline. Kinda like it emphasizes our growth but still shows us as being a city of trees.

Taken from the field at the corner of Oaklawn and Statesville. I love the skyline from this vatage point, just some ugly power lines that kinda kill it.

(Anyone care to take a stab at this one as a future rendering? The new BofA should fill in a big gap and the Wachovia, Trump, and Vue will be prominent...)

6-5-07

original.jpg

I think I should clarify the above statement before the firestorm starts. Meaning Charlotte has a very tight "growing" vertical core that in 5-7 years will resemble IMO a Canadian city with residential and commercial towers in a cluster. The only building not in that core is the VUE. I kinda wish it was. Visually it wouldn't stand out per say but at street level it would create "that feeling". OK release the HOUNDS.

Archived