Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

A couple of weeks ago we stayed at the Westin for the first night of our honeymoon (I got married recently as many of you already know). Had it not been our honeymoon I may have spent a little more time taking better photos but I'm luckily married to someone who actually encourages my hobbies!

post-1-1154612076_thumb.jpg post-1-1154612082_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612090_thumb.jpg post-1-1154612097_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612104_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612076_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612082_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612090_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612097_thumb.jpg

post-1-1154612104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And congradulations on getting hitched. Did you enjoy your stay at the Westin?

Thanks! We did enjoy our stay though I will say I'm not sure what the fuss is about with their "heavenly" bath and bed because we didn't think they were that heavenly. I've slept better at two star hotels. The only thing that differentiated their showers was a shower head that had two heads on it. Everything else about the shower was the same as a two star hotel shower. :unsure:

I agree. The original Wachovia Tower (the one built in 1974, with gold windows) seems like a real classic to me. Generally I dislike the International Style, but there is a marked classicism about this building:)

Strangely enough, this building got the BOB award in Charlotte Magazine as the biggest architectural eyesore in Charlotte.

http://www.charlottemag.com/bestof/bestof.cfm?ID=252

Strangely enough, this building got the BOB award in Charlotte Magazine as the biggest architectural eyesore in Charlotte.

http://www.charlottemag.com/bestof/bestof.cfm?ID=252

These are the same people who think that the Harris Teeter at Morrocroft is great architecture ("ooooh...it has a dome!")

I love the old Wachovia Center. Too bad the new ownership never followed through with their original plans for the upgrade of the building. They said they were going to change the exterior lighting to multi-colors fades (ala Bank of America in Miami). That would have been sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Charlotte yesterday to basically do some exploring. I went to Northlake, Uptown, South Park etc. Im not a good photographer but here are some I will show.....

dcfn0005mv8.jpg

Heading down 77

dcfn0006lc7.jpg

Uptown

dcfn0015tx5.jpg

dcfn0018ea3.jpg

dcfn0019ka2.jpg

These are my favorite shots....

dcfn0021yw4.jpg

dcfn0011mm4.jpg

Archived