Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

That'd be the new Wachovia tower and it'll actually be the new second tallest building... if something else doesn't get announced between now and then.

Ah, i couldn't tell by that pic of it beat hearst or not, was thinking either 3rd or 2nd. It's pretty sweet looking. :D

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I found this while perusing on Flickr (I peruse a lot on Flickr :P ) and wanted to share it! It is not my image but was taken by someone apparently in a plane departing/landing and according to the EXIF it was taken last week (October 3rd). Notice the big Wachovia hole and the fact that the Ritz plot is the same as it is today. Very neat to see an updated aerial of downtown:

I'm linking because it is not my image:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=265664985&size=l

• 1 month later...

Nice photos. I was by uptown Charlotte last night and it looks great at night with all the lights on in the buildings. You need a helecoper to get the best shots. It would noyt be safe to stop on the freeways to take a picture.

When the Trademark, Avenue, The Vue, Citadin and the old Poke site new building gets built, the west side of uptown will take on a great looking dense Center City

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The skyline from the North is also my favorite and from that angle it certainly makes the city look dense (of course, it can be said that the core is fairly dense regardless). I can't wait for some of the other projects to rise out of the ground affecting these webcam shots.

• 3 weeks later...

very nice, I guess I will compliment your pictures in the Trademark and Avenue threads here too rather than just repeat myself in them. Trademark really is adding a lot more to our skyline than I had previously anticipated. I love the reflection of the sky on the railroad tracks though, makes it look like a picture with cars zooming by,

Archived