Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

Took this yesterday afternoon from Marshall Park, this is the standard shot from that vantage point but it does show a new addition to the view...The Park condo tower:

488370174_2695a64c78.jpg

488370830_a47ec55136.jpg

I'm going to need a super wide angle (this was taken at 17mm) to get everything in this shot:

488406103_4c06cd57b2.jpg

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, any sort of body of water is a nice refresher from the bustling streets of the city around it. IMO pictures of uptown that have Marshall Park in them are more naturally stunning because of the reflections, day and night. I still don't understand why anybody considers demolishing it a good idea.

I agree, any sort of body of water is a nice refresher from the bustling streets of the city around it. IMO pictures of uptown that have Marshall Park in them are more naturally stunning because of the reflections, day and night. I still don't understand why anybody considers demolishing it a good idea.

I am not sure where to post this, but I think this thread may be appropriate. I recently saw a commercial for Oscar Meyer Weiners that a quick shot of the Weiner Mobile driving on 277 with the skyline in the background. I have only seen it once here in Nashville and had to pause and rewind the DVR to make sure it was Charlotte. Have any of you seen it? I was surprised.

I've been thinking, and especially with all the recent announcements, that we are going to have an ugly skyline for the next couple years. It is already tough to get a good shot of the skyline with just the Avenue tower crane in the way. Whats it going to look like when some of these even taller projects are going up? 210 Trade, Aloft, 6 cranes at the Wachovia site, Vue, Bofa and Ritz, 300 S. Tryon, possibly a couple at the Trump site, 4 Novare projects around the 3rd ward park. Not to mention the possiblities around Rennaisance, spirit square, Berkman, etc...... A large city like NY could get away with this, but in a small dense cluster of buildings that is Charlotte? Its going to look like we are rebuilding the entire city, cranes everywhere. Its been on my mind because many out of towners love our dense skyline, not so much in a couple years.

I am not sure where to post this, but I think this thread may be appropriate. I recently saw a commercial for Oscar Meyer Weiners that a quick shot of the Weiner Mobile driving on 277 with the skyline in the background. I have only seen it once here in Nashville and had to pause and rewind the DVR to make sure it was Charlotte. Have any of you seen it? I was surprised.

I was uptown when those thunder clouds came through today (no rain). They opened up to blue sky with some clouds as a backdrop to the skyline. I got these pics from the top of the parking deck next to the Residence Inn(?) and the stadium. Of course, as soon as the sun went down, the clouds darkened and the buildings started lighting up for good dusk shots, the security guards drove up and told me to leave. :tough:

5-9-07

78531793.jpg

78531794.jpg

78531795.jpg

Lighten the darks on the first picture, and you have a sure photograph of the year for the charlotte chamber. Actually I think it could win anyway, nothing greater than a carolina blue sky.

Archived