Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has always been my hands-down favorite view of the city. I love it as you approach the crest of that hill right before that intersection and it kind of catches me off guard each time I see it. Like, "Huh, that's a pretty city... wonder where that is." Too bad I couldn't build house on piers in that median.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been dying to get up the Westin for some pics. Skyline looks so dense from there.

I worked at the Strawn apartments today and took some pics from the top. 12th floor, kind've a different angle you dont see much. I love how Trademark and 210 are going to stretch out the skyline from here. The crane for 210 is just visible between the Hilton and Bell south buildings.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Thanks for the great shots. You should see how Trademark looks just a month later. It is really starting to make an impact on the skyline, especially from that angle in the second pic. Its like that crane is just pulling it up out of the ground. I'll try to get a similar angle this week, Iv'e been wanting to anyway.

Does anyone have any good shots of the university city "mini skyline" with the UNCC Library and white highrise towers and other cool tall buildings around the area?

Unfortunately I do not have any but everytime I top Mallard Creek Church Rd. after the I-85 interchange heading towards the campus I wish I had my camera. That is no doubt the best angle and elevation to get a good panoramic of the entire University skyline.

Unfortunately I do not have any but everytime I top Mallard Creek Church Rd. after the I-85 interchange heading towards the campus I wish I had my camera. That is no doubt the best angle and elevation to get a good panoramic of the entire University skyline.

I agree. Right as you're passing by the Pinnacle Point development you get a great view of campus (and it's five towers,) the university hilton, CMS University tower, independence tower (in the distance) and, on a clear day, a really nice view of uptown. If only my camera shot a really nice panoramic...

Great shots Nate. Very nice ultra-modern skyline for Charlotte. The BOA is towering into the clouds on those first two pics!

Looking forward to seeing the new Trademark pic too Mo.

Well, this is the best I could do. I wanted to get the same angle, but there wasn't much of a shoulder over there so... Hot and hazy too, but here ya go.

large.jpg

large.jpg

It's a shame that Charlotte doesn't have a larger topography around center city to provide a little more visually "stunning" views of the skyline. I can only think of a few spots around town that provide excellent views without the view of a road shooting off in front of you.

Archived