Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

I appreciate it, I'd been looking for the Westin photos for a number of months now, they are obviously pretty old I have a bunch of other photos too but I gotta get a freaking + membership so I can post all of them hehe, but I'm definately thinking about getting one :-D gotta represent :-D UP BABY W00T

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you very much metro :-D it delights me to hear you say that :-D. That was one of the best experiences of my life, My dad worked with and was best friends with the guy who was the head of it so he got me in it, it was very cool I went up there on 4 different occasions, when it was 5 stories, 10 stories, 17 stories, and when it finally topped out, it was an incredible experience, I had been in a skyscraper before of course but not while it was under construction. Right now I'm trying to dig up pix from the hearst tower when it was underconstruction, I got to go up in the crown thing when it was just metal at the top and kinda looked like it was gonna be a sphere.

My favourite picture in the westin set is the picture of 277, for some reason I just love it.

Iv'e been wanting to get this angle for a long time, unfortunetly I dont have a camera with a large zoom.

4-23-06001.jpg

That is a really nice view, now if they would only build a five story condo right on the road there, it would almost feel like you had the best view in town. :thumbsup:

I feel this angle should be the one used as the city's official skyline. It is more organized and shows the vast majority of almost every major building in uptown instead of clustering them together with a giant gap in the middle like the one with BOA stadium in the foreground does. That angle should look especially good in about three years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool pic, I always like the skyline with the fog all around it.

That would be some terrible smog :P.

The funny thing is...I spent last week in San Bernardino, CA (suburb of LA) and it looked like that on a sunny day. I have never seen smog like that in my life. It was unreal -- just like a blanket of filth on the whole city. After 3 days of being there, my throat began to hurt, and the people that lived there just said, "That's usual to newcomers -- the smog will get to your lungs if you aren't used to it." It's a shame, because the city's surrounded by some beautiful mountains reaching peaks unheard of in NC -- you can't even see them during the day, though. San Bernardino county has been said to have the worst air pollution of any county in the U.S.

Archived