Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charlotte.jpg

Since Shawn&Zae provided such a great panoramic shot of uptown, I figured I'd use some of my photoshop skills to throw in a few buildings to show what the skyline will look like from this angle very soon. I've added 210 Trade, Bank of America, Catalyst, Nascar HoF and Wachovia. Of course angles are going to be off since I had to work with the renderings that I had available and heights are guestimations but it should be fairly close to give you a good idea. Enjoy :)

Looks awesome and pretty darn accurate (aside from the angles like you said). From that specific angle, you'll have all of the action from Grubb's Elizabeth District. Imagine this view extending further to the left into S. End and Dilworth, with all of the midrise action taking place over there. Gotta love it!

• 1 month later...

I'm not new, for the record, just have not been on and a while with a new email adress and can't remember any damn passwords ;)

KCLT.jpg

But here is somthing what Charlotte would look like if it were filled in from the arlington to Trump Charlotte.Which is amazing what only 3 buildings over 20 stories can do outside the loop. We already [possibly] have One Charlotte and thats 40 stories.

Now if a ~30 story tower could be built inbetween Odell and hearst could be built. Damn, that'd be a nice skyline!

I went uptown Sunday night on my way back home from Columbia and took a few pics. Problem is that I'm terrible with night photos but of course twilight had come upon me lol. I managed to get a few somewhat decent pics.....

dsc02653it7.jpg

dsc02682ym1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was trying to make it to this spot before the sun went under because it was a direct orange glow on the skyline. Unfortunetly I missed it by about 10min. Anyway, its still a cool angle not seen often, and shows what the new Wachovia and the Vue will do for the skyline. You can see the Vue crane just to the left of Avenue, should make that side of uptown look even more dense. The Wach. condos will look great in that gap as well.

If I get the chance, I'll try again tomorrow with some better light.

7-1-08

original.jpg

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived