3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

After seeing the old Novare plan that RDF posted, I'd love to see that get built on with a hotel or office and no parking. It would help mask the ridiculous number of parking decks that front Church and are visible from the park.

I don't know what could or would go on that 0.2ac Preferred Parking lot, but I doubt the Packard Place people will sell that parking section and block the windows of their building.  It seems reasonable that the elevated parking of Packard Place become a usable patio for the beer garden, and come what may at the the Preferred Parking lot. 

I don't know what could or would go on that 0.2ac Preferred Parking lot, but I doubt the Packard Place people will sell that parking section and block the windows of their building.  It seems reasonable that the elevated parking of Packard Place become a usable patio for the beer garden, and come what may at the the Preferred Parking lot.

Yeah I was just talking about the elevated portion that opens up to Packard place. I didn't walk by this morning, but they had it closed for whatever renovation they're doing to the old Picassos.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I don't agree.  It's more blank walls as far as they eye can see.

This will have stoops up the the residences doors, which is much better than what many other apartment buildings are doing.

Here we go:

This was just filed for the old picassos spot:

"....remodel existing restaurant and expand onto new deck structure build on existing structure foundation of parking deck."

To me that translates to: build a new deck/patio on the existing lot.

Edited by Jayvee

Here we go:

This was just filed for the old picassos spot:

"....remodel existing restaurant and expand onto new deck structure build on existing structure foundation of parking deck."

To me that translates to: build a new deck on the existing lot.

Some decks these days are actually pretty nice

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Some decks these days are actually pretty nice

I actually think they're using deck being synonymous with patio, not as in parking deck.

I think it means "expand restaurant onto/into new deck/patio" but who knows. If they were going to build a parking deck they probably would have to have submitted plans by now no?

Edited by Jayvee

True it does but so does Fith and Popler and that's still pretty sterile and boring and does nothing for the street life.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.226696,-80.846221,3a,75y,330.69h,90.95t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1shkQPN4qWN9uVSFEd6BKB6Q!2e0!6m1!1e1

by the way guys, this would be by far the biggest, fudging patio in Uptown. This would make an excellent beer garden. its 167' x 45'

Edited by Guest

That's the idea, a big patio to draw lots of people during events and be seen as the place to go.   I think it will play nicely too in conjunction with Brevard Court/Latta Arcade and Bearden Park in general as pre-game meeting places.   

The brewery beer gardens are kind of the trend lately, so to have something like that uptown related to NoDa brewery will be a good thing.  

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.226696,-80.846221,3a,75y,330.69h,90.95t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1shkQPN4qWN9uVSFEd6BKB6Q!2e0!6m1!1e1

by the way guys, this would be by far the biggest, fudging patio in Uptown. This would make an excellent beer garden. its 167' x 45'

And Panthers pre-game spot..

Yeah i think it would be packed almost year round. And the person who wrote the description on Accela clearly doesn't have a grasp on the English language. But I am pretty sure it means building the restaurant out onto a new patio structure that will be built on top of the existing lot.

New World Cup spot since 300 S Tryon will be where Holligans set up shop last time!

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/05/07/new-restaurant-in-works-for-uptown-charlotte.html

Jennifer Thomas has an article on the new bar. Does look like that the Bottle Cap Group confirms they are working on it, but won't give details. I don't get this, it is a bar not some secret movie. Why not give details, yeah we are doing an awesome bar concept, yeah we are going to have the biggest patio in uptown and get people hyped about this! 

This part is concerning though

"He says Packard Place set some parameters around what it wanted in an restaurant, but the concept and plans remain tentative to his knowledge. The goal was to create a venue where Packard Place’s tenants can take their customers or families can visit on the weekend."

I hope Packard Place doesn't plan to keep it all to themselves?

Edited by Jayvee

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/05/07/new-restaurant-in-works-for-uptown-charlotte.html

Jennifer Thomas has an article on the new bar. Does look like that the Bottle Cap Group confirms they are working on it, but won't give details. I don't get this, it is a bar not some secret movie. Why not give details, yeah we are doing an awesome bar concept, yeah we are going to have the biggest patio in uptown and get people hyped about this! 

This part is concerning though

"He says Packard Place set some parameters around what it wanted in an restaurant, but the concept and plans remain tentative to his knowledge. The goal was to create a venue where Packard Place’s tenants can take their customers or families can visit on the weekend."

I hope Packard Place doesn't plan to keep it all to themselves?

I tweeted Packard Place (@PackardPlaceCLT) a couple days ago and asked them what the construction was.  Yesterday at 2:25pm they answered with "New restaurant coming in.  Details to be reviled in the near future but picture a lot of outdoor dining :-)".  "reviled" is their misspelling of "revealed" and is pretty hilarious.  Obviously no new info there compared to what we already knew here.

Anyway, a couple hours later Jennifer's story was published.  (And she followed me on Twitter.)

So anyway, yeah, I don't think it'll be any kind of "private" restaurant.  Sounds exactly like what you guys have speculated -- they'll build a patio deck on the raised parking area.

Edited by grodney

I tweeted Packard Place (@PackardPlaceCLT) a couple days ago and asked them what the construction was.  Yesterday at 2:25pm they answered with "New restaurant coming in.  Details to be reviled in the near future but picture a lot of outdoor dining :-)".  "reviled" is their misspelling of "revealed" and is pretty hilarious.  Obviously no new info there compared to what we already knew here.

Anyway, a couple hours later Jennifer's story was published.  (And she followed me on Twitter.)

So anyway, yeah, I don't think it'll be any kind of "private" restaurant.  Sounds exactly like what you guys have speculated -- they'll build a patio deck on the raised parking area.

Yeah I just got nervous for a second, definitely not private. and what the heck, I was tweeting them incessantly for a week and they never tweeted me back LOL. Love that misspelling though,