3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

At the very least Preferred Parking should use this space as an open-air market on event days (which are becoming more and more frequent in uptown these days.)  Just look at the crowds at Taste of Charlotte, that was essentially just an open-air market with some extra flair and a little buzz.

I love the container idea. It isn't permanent so Preferred Parking could eventually sell the lot without any associated demo down the road.  That's assuming they would use that as an excuse for turning down the idea.  Plus, it still fits their business model, just make the spaces for containers instead of cars!  Also, would it not increase the land value around their lot, thus driving up the value of the lot itself?

Between it already being a paved lot AND it being in the middle of an urban park and a small business incubator, how could this spot be more prime for this type of retail?!?

Somebody here must know somebody that can make this happen.

Looks so....plain.

Yea...while this was one of the few projects to come out of the post-recession slow period, I just can't believe this is being built so close to the main drag and it's at this quality.  At least, the exterior quality.  Just feels like a missed opportunity. 

Agreed that it looks nice in person. They finally have a website up livethemint.com

Pricing is $1400-$1900 for a one bedroom ranging from 672-1067 SF. $2200-$2600 for a 2 bedroom. I think they're nuts with this pricing but I'm sure it'll fill up. It looks very nice but they're still listing a Skylounge and terrace on the amenities. I sent them an email calling them out why they're advertising it since it was value engineered out a long time ago.

Also, The Mint should be renamed "The Beige" based on how it looks.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Woodfield looks promising right now, but I'm waiting for the beige to strike.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh and Fountains has beige hardiplank all over it now. I know that's 2nd Ward, but whatever. All for beige, beige for all.

So far so good on The Mint. Can't say the same for Woodfield.

post-27281-0-40688900-1435373750_thumb.j

post-27281-0-80600000-1435373801_thumb.j

post-27281-0-44229100-1435373833_thumb.j

post-27281-0-15734000-1435374109_thumb.j

• Like 1

The remaining surface lot on the other side of Irwin (between this site and the office building), is my 2nd pick of sites that Cousins will be developing for DFA Funds.  (1st choise I believe is stil most likely at the Skyhouse site).  Reading their transcripts again, the office project is listed at $75mm, implying probably 200-225k sq ft in total.

Has there been any more word on the possible proposal for the lot behind Trademark?  And what about the lot that is across 4th?  I feel like those should be major opportunities for hotel/residential development because of their location. 

Has there been any more word on the possible proposal for the lot behind Trademark? And what about the lot that is across 4th? I feel like those should be major opportunities for hotel/residential development because of their location.

I have a theory that one of these lots will become the Canopy/Homewood Suites building that Levine is proposing... Once he fails and scares them away, that is...

I have a theory that one of these lots will become the Canopy/Homewood Suites building that Levine is proposing... Once he fails and scares them away, that is...

Couldn't agree more. I see that happening as well. I am not sure how "binding" their "letter of intent" is but I would definitely agree Hilton moves them over here. I believe it is you who told me, but doesn't that lot across 4th require soil remediation? 

Edited by Jayvee

Anyone know what they are doing to the stadium's new sound system?  

I recall this being part of the Phase 1 project last season along with the new video boards and escalators so I can't imagine what they would be doing.