3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

yea i cant imagine this. i'm in Trademark on hear all the trains.  Nothing loud or bothersome and balcony door needs to be open, but these people in this building going to be in for a rude awakening 

Shouldn't be any worse than it is for the people who currently live in Camden Cotton Mills, Post Uptown, Trade and 5th lofts, and the other 3-5 apartment complexes along the rail line whose names I can't recall.

In 2005 there were rumors that CentroCityWorks was going to put a 25 story condo there with the name of Home Plate.  Would have been cool.

Owners Information

Owner Name Mailing Address 401 SOUTH GRAHAM STREET LLC 720 SUNSET COVE

MADEIRA BEACH FL 33708-2385

I am always surprised that this plot remains dormant, and there were a lot of ideas put out there by David Furman during the boom, this being just a forgettable one in support of the land swap for the baseball stadium.

Now that 3rd Ward is filling up, the 401 S Graham parcel seems very very good for a high rise.  It will have an unblockable skyline view that includes views over the park and ballpark and stadium.   It even has unblockable sunlight from the south, with the current Duke deck, BofA Stadium, and substation.  

Anyone know what they were doing on Graham St last night?  Had multiple lanes blocked off and it looked like work was being done in front of both the Mint and Woodfield.

It is definitely work involved with both of the projects, at the Mint is looks like they are clearing a lot of the dirt off the site, and at Woodfield, I am not sure, but it was probably a collaborative effort to have the lanes blocked off the way they are (they are still blocked off and working) 

They're about to start construction or have already been built

I distinctly remember talk of a hotel and office building. The talk back then, even in advance of Skyhouse, is that these were the buildings that would signal the resurgance of highrise construction Uptown.

I distinctly remember talk of a hotel and office building. The talk back then, even in advance of Skyhouse, is that these were the buildings that would signal the resurgance of highrise construction Uptown.

Oh, you mean in the outfield? They had trouble finding any partner to develop on such a small lot with limited parking. I think they're adding more seats and amenities in the outfield now.

I mentioned this a few months ago. From what I hear, Hotel is scrapped. Knights wanted to lease to a hotel, and thats not something that hotels do, they own their buildings outright, generally. Also, there will never be sufficient parking for a hotel, which sadly is not something you can get away with. The Knights have seen enough success that they plan on using the berm to increase seating capacity and add in another building for Retail, Concessions, and team offices.