3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Someone needs to post a missed connection on craiglist for the Mint's rooftop deck. You could watch baseball, the skyline, 4th of July....

Such a missed opportunity, I think it was in original drawings and then dropped stupidly. 

The Mint was never meant to be a godsend you guys :P

I agree. But I can't help but notice some missed opportunity here. A roof deck is a very cheap amenity area that goes over very well with potential tenants. If you're the same as Woodfield, Fountains, etc, you have to offer something special for your residents that they will realistically use. Nobody uses a theater, most don't use a business center, but you'd see a TON of activity on a roof deck. It would also double as the best place to be before a Panthers Game. 

I agree. But I can't help but notice some missed opportunity here. A roof deck is a very cheap amenity area that goes over very well with potential tenants. If you're the same as Woodfield, Fountains, etc, you have to offer something special for your residents that they will realistically use. Nobody uses a theater, most don't use a business center, but you'd see a TON of activity on a roof deck. It would also double as the best place to be before a Panthers Game.

He's mocking a poster who mocked us saying we thought the mint was a god send

I agree. But I can't help but notice some missed opportunity here. A roof deck is a very cheap amenity area that goes over very well with potential tenants. If you're the same as Woodfield, Fountains, etc, you have to offer something special for your residents that they will realistically use. Nobody uses a theater, most don't use a business center, but you'd see a TON of activity on a roof deck. It would also double as the best place to be before a Panthers Game.

As AIrNostromMAD mentioned above, I was referencing the comment at the top of the page. I definitely agree that a functional deck at that location would be an amazing amenity for residents. I'm probably alone in wanting a building of similar scale at the corner of mint and 3rd overlooking the stadium from right-center field (but loaded with 2 floors of retail). Ballpark bar or restaurant on the 2nd floor overlooking the park and ballpark. Rooftop pool.

Ok now back to reality.

That view of the stadium will eventually be blocked by a building just beyond left field, yes?

Barely. They are going to build retail, more seats and offices for the Team, instead of a hotel/office building :-(. No hotel flags have wanted to touch that site with a 10 foot pole. Hotels like to own their buildings not lease them, and there will be serious parking constraints that no hotel coming to Charlotte wanted to deal with. 

As AIrNostromMAD mentioned above, I was referencing the comment at the top of the page. I definitely agree that a functional deck at that location would be an amazing amenity for residents. I'm probably alone in wanting a building of similar scale at the corner of mint and 3rd overlooking the stadium from right-center field (but loaded with 2 floors of retail). Ballpark bar or restaurant on the 2nd floor overlooking the park and ballpark. Rooftop pool.

Ok now back to reality.

As long as Green's remains.

Barely. They are going to build retail, more seats and offices for the Team, instead of a hotel/office building :-(. No hotel flags have wanted to touch that site with a 10 foot pole. Hotels like to own their buildings not lease them, and there will be serious parking constraints that no hotel coming to Charlotte wanted to deal with. 

Interesting, thanks.  I hadn't heard that level of detail.  A little disappointing, but I guess I like that a really close hi-rise won't block a good portion of view from the field -- even if it's not completely interesting that direction right now.

As long as Green's remains.

Green's remains, and has retail alongside to complement it.

I cannot imagine that a AAA team could support this but has anyone been to St. Louis's Ballpark Village?  It is pretty incredible.

http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/parking

As a long-time Cardinals fan, I was hoping to go to this soon, and, about a year ago, this was actually what got me thinking about this block and it's similar proximity to our field.

Green's remains, and has retail alongside to complement it.

As a long-time Cardinals fan, I was hoping to go to this soon, and, about a year ago, this was actually what got me thinking about this block and it's similar proximity to our field.

I lived in St. Louis for three years during the beginning of this development.  It was already making a huge impact to that area of the city.  Of course it is also next to a light rail stop which helps accessibility.  I have been back once since it was completed and it was amazing.  Tons of fun and a bunch of stuff to do right there.  No, they have nearly 5 times the number of people at their games than the Knights so somethign of this scale would not work, but a mini version probably would work.  And it would be close enough to the businesses in downtown to draw a lunch and happy hour crowd.  Something STL could not do as the CBD is dead.

• Like 1

Not that I want to see Green's go anywhere, but for a place that prides itself on hot dogs, i wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I've just been spoiled by JJ's. I haven't had anything else at Green's though, but my hot dog experience was underwhelming.

Its the history, the legacy, not the food, silly Niner Nation

In 2005 there were rumors that CentroCityWorks was going to put a 25 story condo there with the name of Home Plate.  Would have been cool.

Owners Information

Owner Name Mailing Address 401 SOUTH GRAHAM STREET LLC 720 SUNSET COVE
MADEIRA BEACH FL 33708-2385

• 3 weeks later...

It will be intriguing if we get a project between Woodfield and the NCRR.  

Woodfield did a land swap with  West Parking Service to make both parcels rectangular.  So another project could go in at some point, but also at minimum the surface parking is hidden enough to be forgettable.