Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

4 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

It does according to the information on the website I posted earlier.

Wow!  That's really interesting...I had assumed that "The World's Fair" was some kind of singular event that takes place once every few years like The Olympics or something.  Turns out there were a lot more than that!  Thanks for the info!

6 hours ago, VSRJ said:

I wonder how a giant-ish ferris wheel would look at Centennial Park...

4 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

And Tennessee has hosted two. Looks like the only other states to do that are NY, PA, WA, and CA.

I have no idea of what candidate selection-criteria would be today, compared to Olympics and other global events, which of course all differ.  There didn't seem to be much concern about pre-established transportation mobility alternatives -- at least not at the 1982 Knoxville International Energy Exposition.

Arguably it might be tacky for the city-scape, but an American Bridge Co. "High Roller" -like giant observation (Ferris) wheel, set at a close vantage point, might "fill the billet".

High Roller - Las Vegas

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by rookzie

5 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The photograph of the spectacular skyline sunset is the work of Warne Riker. Check out his website or follow him on Facebook. He does some amazing work, with lots of great Nashville shots in his collection!

I follow him on Instagram and saw his photo featured on Instagramtennessee!

On 4/20/2016 at 0:39 AM, titanhog said:

^^I'm still trying to get my head around the JWM parking.  

So...I understand the parking is along Clark, but will any of it be underground?  Seems like that stretch of the building will only be a couple of stories above ground.  Will all of that be parking...or is there a first level that's convention space?  (sorry...I don't believe I've seen a floor plan that explains.  I've always wondered where they would get enough parking for that many hotel rooms.)

I don't know the exact details, so if someone here does, please chime in ...

Here is a crude drawing:

Turnberry%20site_zpspnoe87ij.jpg

While not proportioned correctly, this is the general concept. The majority of the parking is in the area shaded purple. What I don't know is how much, if any, parking will be below the convention (blue) section. I would assume there will be no parking below the tower (red) section. Based on the following photo:

20160416_134705_zpsl31cnoa7.jpg

it is easy to see that there be at least 2 levels of below grade parking (after the old floor is ripped out. Maybe they will prep the entire site and go down about 12-15 allowing 2 levels below ground for both projects. That is what I would expect

• Like 2