Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, chris holman said:

4/16/16

20160417_193529-1.jpg

I love these pictures from the Icon deck at sunset. Can you take one of the Gulch's urban 'canyon' being formed by the Thompson Hotel. Maybe look down at 11th a little bit.

Don't fall!!  :tw_glasses:

\/ \/ \/  And boom!!  \/ \/ \/ \/     :tw_wink:

Edited by PHofKS
Thanks, that was fast!
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

They continue to use a lot of dynamite to crack up the dense limestone in this area.

Limestone? So far, the only thing being cracked is the old basement floor. There will be minimal excavation for both the JW Marriott and the Crescent Demonbreun site.

Here is a photo of the Crescent portion of the site from Saturday, April 16 taken from Demonbreun near the corner with 9th

20160416_135012_zps2yuvcvrr.jpg

Edited by farm_boy
Added date and location of picture
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, titanhog said:

So...will parking for JW Marriott be mostly at the Crescent...or is there a garage going under the "convention" space at JWM?

Crescent will only have 1/4 of the site and the JW Marriott will sit on 1/4 of the site; both along Demonbreun

The parking for the JW Marriott will be the 1/2 of the site that fronts Clark Pl. Because the Crescent portion is so small, the parking must be placed below the tower; whereas the JW Marriott parking will be beside the tower 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, farm_boy said:

Crescent will only have 1/4 of the site and the JW Marriott will sit on 1/4 of the site; both along Demonbreun

The parking for the JW Marriott will be the 1/2 of the site that fronts Clark Pl. Because the Crescent portion is so small, the parking must be placed below the tower; whereas the JW Marriott parking will be beside the tower 

So none of the JWM parking is underground?  It just seems like that portion along Clark won't be very tall.  I also assumed some of that would be convention space.

"Limestone? So far, the only thing being cracked is the old basement floor. There will be minimal excavation for both the JW Marriott and the Crescent Demonbreun site.Here is a photo of the Crescent portion of the site."

Your photo is dated.  They are at least 10 feet deeper than that now if you compare with my pic from two days ago.  According to the press yesterday, there will be two levels of parking beneath the surface along with at least 6 levels above ground at the Crescent.

Edited by markhollin

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

"Limestone? So far, the only thing being cracked is the old basement floor. There will be minimal excavation for both the JW Marriott and the Crescent Demonbreun site.Here is a photo of the Crescent portion of the site."

Your photo is dated.  They are at least 10 feet deeper than that now if you compare with my pic from two days ago.  According to the press yesterday, there will be two levels of parking beneath the surface along with at least 6 levels above ground at the Crescent.

Ughh, not trying to step on toes, sorry.

The photo I posted was taken Saturday, so it is two days older. But that is a photo of the Crescent portion of the site that is on the corner of Demonbreun and 9th while your 2 pics are from the corner of Demonbreun and 8th, which is where the JW Marriott tower will be constructed

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

So none of the JWM parking is underground?  It just seems like that portion along Clark won't be very tall.  I also assumed some of that would be convention space.

This rendering should help clarify. The green park will be the Crescent tower. The JW Marriott parking will be along Clark, but the 8th Ave side will be activated (but I don't recall the details, sorry)

Isn't it ironic that JW Marriott choose to place their parking at the Westin entrance; and, now, the Crescent tower parking will overshadow the JW Marriott entry and amenities levels?

It's somewhat disappointing that the approved design for the JW Marriott seemingly wastes a lot of space

screen-shot-2015-10-05-at-14235-pm-750xx

Edited by farm_boy
Rendering
  • Like 1

^^I'm still trying to get my head around the JWM parking.  

So...I understand the parking is along Clark, but will any of it be underground?  Seems like that stretch of the building will only be a couple of stories above ground.  Will all of that be parking...or is there a first level that's convention space?  (sorry...I don't believe I've seen a floor plan that explains.  I've always wondered where they would get enough parking for that many hotel rooms.)