CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

All of them are at SouthPark Mall in Charlotte.

I don't consider Steve Madden and Sephora upscale, and I've never shopped at Delia's, but the others are upscale and would thus be in upscale shopping centers, generally.

After going to Delia's website, I can see why you've never shopped there before. I would never shop there either. At least I hope not. :lol:

Edited by g-man430

I looked on the store websites; at least Delia's (looks like a teen girls' store) is almost exclusively in enclosed malls. I didn't get to check the other store listings but the only Tommy Bahama, Sur la Table and Sephora stores I've seen are either in malls or in downtown areas.

An Orvis would be great!

I don't consider Steve Madden and Sephora upscale, and I've never shopped at Delia's, but the others are upscale and would thus be in upscale shopping centers, generally.

I am not knocking on Steve Madden, I have a pair of his shoes and love them. BUT, by no means are they upscale, not even mid-scale, very affordable shoes and better made than some of the more expensive brands such as Diesel.

I would like to see a Cole Haan and a Brooks Brothers store open in Greenville.

I am not knocking on Steve Madden, I have a pair of his shoes and love them. BUT, by no means are they upscale, not even mid-scale, very affordable shoes and better made than some of the more expensive brands such as Diesel.

I would like to see a Cole Haan and a Brooks Brothers store open in Greenville.

I agree with you and am surprised that there is no Brooks Bros. Even Knoxville has one and that city must have similar demographics to (or worse ones than) Greenville.

I agree with you and am surprised that there is no Brooks Bros. Even Knoxville has one and that city must have similar demographics to (or worse ones than) Greenville.

There are also Brook Bros. stores in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, and at the Prime-Outlets Mall in Gaffney too, so don't be suprised if one opens at Magnolia Park Town Center or somewhere else in Greenville.

Edited by g-man430

There are also Brook Bros. stores in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, and at the Prime-Outlets Mall in Gaffney too, so don't be suprised if one opens at Magnolia Park Town Center or somewhere else in Greenville.

The ones in Gaffney and Myrtle Beach are outlets (seem to be in areas that wouldn't normally support full-line stores); the Charleston one is a full-line store- the only one in SC.

Lucky Brand sells mostly denim but some other apparel/accessories for men and women. They tend to carry around 100+ styles/washes/sizes of denim with the typical price starting somewhere at $75/$80 and going up to $200 and beyond.

Sur La Table is very similar to Williams-Sonoma except they are about a full step above in terms of quality and price. This is a very expensive place to buy pots and pans, lol.

Tumi! Yeah, I forgot about them but I had heard a rumor that they were coming possibly as well.

I would like to have a Kiehl's store as well but seriously doubt they would open one here anytime soon, especially considering that Sephora carries their brand.

Orvis does not have a store in Charlotte.

Steve Madden is definitely not upscale, but is somewhat trendy so it would fit.

If Sephora isn't in the upscale category then it is right on the line. For anyone unfamiliar with Sephora, imagine a really, really nice Perfumania that is 4 or 5 times larger than normal and carries just about every fragrance imaginable for both men and women. They also carry a huge amount of women's cosmetics and a large amount of men's products.

Lol...yeah, Delia's is for teen girls.

Edited by Version70-8

I would love to see a Crate and Barrel go into Magnolia Park....anyone hear anything about that?

I ran in to a Broker in the west end before Magnolia Park was ever announced and he was looking for sites for Crate & Barrel, Willians & Sonoma, West Elm, and American Apparel he said they do not go in malls anymore and are looking for spots in "Disney World Downtowns" as he put it. So I could see any of those in Downtown Greenville and at Magnolia Park.

If any of you want to take a final look at some of the old Greenville Mall, you better get by there in the next few days. I was by today, and most of the Proffitt's/Parisian building is gone.....the mall is gone up to within a few feet of the Montgomer Ward building. Very little left to go in the demo. I thought when they announced this, the demo was going to take several months....this thing is moving fast. :shok: