UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Rainer's Just Desserts is now open in the space that Spill the Beans moved from. Very cute place. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Greenville (the UP member) you should be happy, as this is the kind of place you mentioned sometime back in one of the threads.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't one of the art galleries suppose to expand into that space? Or am I making that up?

Has anyone tried Mojito's? Every time I've ridden by they seem to have a decent crowd with the doors wide open. The open appearance is enticing and gives off a nice vibe.

Rainer's Just Desserts is now open in the space that Spill the Beans moved from. Very cute place. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Greenville (the UP member) you should be happy, as this is the kind of place you mentioned sometime back in one of the threads.

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Nice of you to remember that I have advocated for a nice dessert-only place downtown. I hope this will be open late for people who want something after a show at the Peace Center, a nice dinner out, etc.

Wasn't one of the art galleries suppose to expand into that space? Or am I making that up?

No, you're not making it up. Originally the art gallery that is next to this space was going to expand into it, but I guess they changed their mind.

Looks like Haus Edelweis has closed down. I wonder if it's because the quality had really gone down, or if the opening of Scwaben House really hurt them. :dontknow:

We tried Schwaben House right after they opened and have been back several times. Their food blows away the food Haus Edelweis served, IMO. The only thing I really miss about Haus Edelweis was the little market area, although most of those pre-packaged foods are available at Fresh Market or Whole Foods.

Looks like Haus Edelweis has closed down. I wonder if it's because the quality had really gone down, or if the opening of Scwaben House really hurt them. :dontknow:

ya, months and months ago. Never got the chance to try it myself.

ya, months and months ago. Never got the chance to try it myself.

You didn't miss anything, trust me. Schwaben House is getting good reviews thus far. The owners, brother and sister, moved here from Germany six months ago and already opened up the restaurant. Talk about the entrepreneurial spirit. :thumbsup:

You didn't miss anything, trust me. Schwaben House is getting good reviews thus far. The owners, brother and sister, moved here from Germany six months ago and already opened up the restaurant. Talk about the entrepreneurial spirit. :thumbsup:

Are they rather young?

I always enjoyed Haus Edelweiss, mostly for the interior atmosphere. It was a very quiet "landmark" for many, many years, but never seemed to have the right marketing method, if any. Has it not been closed for at least a year now though?

Schwaben Haus should do well while they maintain both authenticity and accessibility. I would love to see them either move or open another restaurant in downtown. An authentic house designed to replicate traditional German architecture would be perfect, in addition to the great food and cozy atmosphere.

"Young" is a relative and subjective term, depending on one's perspective. lol

I believe they're in their mid to late 40's.

:silly: I was thinking I knew who you may have been talking about, but it must not be the same people. These two are in their late 20's I'd say.

Noticed that Mojito's has applied to have an outdoor deck added adjacent to their new West End location. This will be discussed at the June 4th DPC meeting.

This should be a nice addition to the West End food and drink scene. :thumbsup:

Outdoor deck, tiki bar, and sand area at Mojitos apparently.

Apparently the liquor store also got approved for the adjacent space. They're applying for storefront changes.

It's great to see this building's two storefronts about to be full, and the four story mixed use building proposed next door.

Outdoor deck, tiki bar, and sand area at Mojitos apparently.

Apparently the liquor store also got approved for the adjacent space. They're applying for storefront changes.

It's great to see this building's two storefronts about to be full, and the four story mixed use building proposed next door.

Very cool. :thumbsup: I can smell the citronella torches now. :lol:

Very happy to see how well this section of West End is progressing.

Yes, but a bit sad too, considering the liquor store will be closed every day by 7pm. With so much activity in the West End after working hours, it will be sad to have a storefront with doors locked and a "closed" sign posted when it could be utilized for something else. I also can't imagine opening a liquor store in the West End without placing iron bars over the windows either to protect against potential thieves wandering in from the Westside.

Yes, but a bit sad too, considering the liquor store will be closed every day by 7pm. With so much activity in the West End after working hours, it will be sad to have a storefront with doors locked and a "closed" sign posted when it could be utilized for something else. I also can't imagine opening a liquor store in the West End without placing iron bars over the windows either to protect against potential thieves wandering in from the Westside.

First of all, I am surprised they allowed a new liquor store in our "family" downtown, especially since there are already a few others. Can you imagine the riff-raff it will bring into the city! Oh the horror! :lol:

Second, I am thankful that the windows will not have bars on them. Maybe it's just me, but anytime I see bars on windows I think "bad area." I fear that bars on the windows would send a bad message to residents and visitors.

Third, there is no excuse for a liquor store to close at 7 PM. They should AT LEAST be open until 11 PM, if not later. Is this a city-dictated closing time? I can't imagine they voluntarily chose to close so early.

Totally agree. Hopefully a second will open downtown. :thumbsup:

Another new opening. Happy Pie opened a second location on Woodruff. They are my favorite pizza place when you want "designer" pizza. :lol: The new location sells t-shirts with their logo (love their logo). Not sure if the original Pelham Road location sold the t-shirts or not.

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

Happy Pie's second location on Woodruff has apparently been a smash hit. Plans are now in the works for the third location, in the Simpsonville area. Probably will be open late summer / early fall. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Noticed this morning that Park Avenue Pub is adding a large outdoor deck in the rear of the building. Good to see them expanding. I like the fact that they are a bar a bit off the beaten path.

Is this at the intersection of Park and Stone (where E. North resumes if you stay straight)?

Archived