UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sign is up for Keva and looks like they should be opening soon. Can't wait! :wub:

IMG_4832.jpg

The new Keva does 1 ounce Wheatgrass shots. Not sure what all local places do them, but Keva's are really good. They cut the wheatgrass (growing in a large planter) and blend the shot while you watch. Equal in vitamin content to 2.5 pounds of fresh veggies. Did a couple of shots yesterday and had energy that went all night. Very happy to have Keva in town!! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Noticed last week that the Paris Cafe on Main Street in Greenville was no longer there. Someone was waiting for that great location, apparently, because today I saw work underway inside and spoke with the co-developer of the new restaurant going in the space. It will be called the Green Room and he said that they would have a soft opening next week! Talk about a fast turnaround :) . Casual, contemporary American cuisine will be served.

Noticed last week that the Paris Cafe on Main Street in Greenville was no longer there. Someone was waiting for that great location, apparently, because today I saw work underway inside and spoke with the co-developer of the new restaurant going in the space. It will be called the Green Room and he said that they would have a soft opening next week! Talk about a fast turnaround :) . Casual, contemporary American cuisine will be served.

"The Green Room" is a great name for a downtown Greenville restaurant! I like it! :thumbsup:

I'm interested in knowing what their operating hours will be. Other than the very spotty operating hours, I really loved Paris Cafe and cannot imagine "casual American cuisine" being an adequate culinary replacement. What's more, I would say Blue Ridge Brewing Company already serves decent "casual American cuisine" just a block away.

-The old Prime Steakhouse on Woodruff Road is being renovated and will house Harry and Jeans when complete.

-Buffalo Wild Wings is going to build a new restaurant in the outparcel between Best Buy and Red Robin at the Shops at Greenridge.

Cool. Buffalo Wild Wings is a good chain.

This will be on the last available outparcel, right?

Didn't see the Greenville location listed on the "coming soon" on the website. Any idea of the scheduled timeframe for opening?

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

Cool. Buffalo Wild Wings is a good chain.

This will be on the last available outparcel, right?

Didn't see the Greenville location listed on the "coming soon" on the website. Any idea of the scheduled timeframe for opening?

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

Yes it is the last available outparcel and bids go out for the project on October 7th.

• 3 weeks later...

Went by the old Surratt's (between The Pomegranite and the new cafe next to Christopher Park's) in the West End yesterday and noticed a sign that said "Dutch Treat Ice Cream Parlor Coming."

Interesting choice of location since STB is already across the street and Blueberry Frog is just a few doors down. I think they'll have to have a real unique spin to make it. However, good to see activity in that long-vacant spot!

Went by the old Surratt's (between The Pomegranite and the new cafe next to Christopher Park's) in the West End yesterday and noticed a sign that said "Dutch Treat Ice Cream Parlor Coming."

Interesting choice of location since STB is already across the street and Blueberry Frog is just a few doors down. I think they'll have to have a real unique spin to make it. However, good to see activity in that long-vacant spot!

Interesting concept. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. At the very least, hopefully they will make nice renovations and tee it up nicely for whoever replaces them. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Sakura Japanese Steakhouse, Mojo's Famous Hamburgers, Brioso's Fresh Pasta, and Compadres Mex Mex Grill will be locating in a new shopping center called Cherrydale Crossings on Pleasantburg Drive. Compadres is an additional location and not a relocation. Opening for shopping center is February 2010.

• 3 months later...

El Patron mexican restaurant which has locations in Anderson will be opening inside the old Cracker Barrel at Woodruff Road/I-85 soon.

Really excited to hear this! :thumbsup: Their food is excellent and they do a special Sangria Margarita that is one of a kind!

El Patron mexican restaurant which has locations in Anderson will be opening inside the old Cracker Barrel at Woodruff Road/I-85 soon.

Wait, I thought that old Cracker Barrel building was going to become a Hooters. Instead it's going to be yet another Mexican (so to speak) restaurant?

Darn, I was soooo looking forward to another or larger Hooters, and especially the... well, ...uhm.., WINGS. Yes, Wings! That's what I was looking forward to! Honest. ...Swear. ...Wings. whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I think El Patron is the same chain with locations in Liberty and Central/Clemson as well. I've seen them, but never tried their product.

Edit: Actually, I think they are Pancho's Mexican Restaurants.

Wait, did you say Pancho's? Way back, and I mean 30-something years ago, Panchos (in Houston, TX) was amazingly good! Real Mexican, not the bland local version. It was cafeteria-style, but the seating area was rather dark, cozy, and comfortable. Did I mention the food was amazing?

...Of course, I've since heard that some, maybe all, of the Pancho's restaurants have become Taco-Bell-Like fast food joints. That would be a true dissapointment.

• 3 weeks later...

El Patron also has several locations in Anderson. I have eaten there once and that will be the only time, both the service and food were terrible. Our order came out wrong, when we said something the waiter finished the sentence for us. If you knew the order was wrong when it came out, why didnt you go ahead and have it fixed before bringing it to the table?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived