UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about that! You are right, it will close at the end of this year and he says it will re-open next year as a different restaurant. I hadn't noticed that the address for the new restaurant was the same as O.

The Journals says one of the styles/formats that Soby is considering for his new place is "urban comfort food".

I could imagine a menu much like this:

http://www.elmorestaurant.com/

I hope that he makes the replacing restaurant just as classy; wasn't this the Poinsett's restaurant

Classy or not, anything he does is top-notch. I really can't imagine being disappointed!

Also wanted to say that Liquid Highway downtown is picking up and we're starting to get busier! The first month or so evenings were very slow, but over the last couple of weeks we've seen a nice increase of people sticking around and coming in after 4 or 5. Mornings have been consistently busy with local business people and Hyatt guests since opening.

Also wanted to say that Liquid Highway downtown is picking up and we're starting to get busier! The first month or so evenings were very slow, but over the last couple of weeks we've seen a nice increase of people sticking around and coming in after 4 or 5. Mornings have been consistently busy with local business people and Hyatt guests since opening.

Good to hear evenings are picking up. Evenings are my favorite time to come in. You guys have such a strong street presence in the evenings, the way the store is lit. :good:

_MG_2406.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday after church, my wife, baby and I went to Maharaja for lunch. This is the 3rd time we've been there and once again it was awesome. Maharaja is an Indian buffet in Simpsonville in a little nondescript shopping center off of Fairview Rd. What's unique is that unlike most buffets that are only open during the weekdays, Maharaja is a buffet 7 days a week. The food is very fresh and very flavorful, and I'm glad S'ville got an ethnic restaurant like this (now we just need one here in Greertucky, heck we don't even have a Thai place yet frown.gif). We love Indian food and have tried every one in town and Maharaja is right up there with the best.

If you've never had Indian or are reluctant to try it, fear not the food is very tasty. This place has been open since June so I hope it'll make it. Check it out, you won't be disappointed and the staff and owners are very nice.

Yesterday, my wife, daughter and I picked up my dad to take him to Maharaja for their awesome lunch buffet. I was salivating just thinking about it as I drove there. Alas, as we pulled into the parking lot they had gone out of business. Despite us being regular patrons, my wife and I did think that this would ultimately be their inevitable fate as the busiest we had ever seen it was about 6 tables full. Major bummer.

Yesterday, my wife, daughter and I picked up my dad to take him to Maharaja for their awesome lunch buffet. I was salivating just thinking about it as I drove there. Alas, as we pulled into the parking lot they had gone out of business. Despite us being regular patrons, my wife and I did think that this would ultimately be their inevitable fate as the busiest we had ever seen it was about 6 tables full. Major bummer.

that indeed is a downer but Saffron is not that much farther for me and they seem to do very well so i dont think they will go anywhere anytime soon.

Did anyone else notice the advertisement for a new Main Street restaurant in the current edition of Greenville Journal? It is called, "SKY," and says, "North American Cuisine, North Main Destination, Winter 2008." Sounds intriguing. Does anyone have more details, including the exact location? :)

Did anyone else notice the advertisement for a new Main Street restaurant in the current edition of Greenville Journal? It is called, "SKY," and says, "North American Cuisine, North Main Destination, Winter 2008." Sounds intriguing. Does anyone have more details, including the exact location? :)

Next door to Blue Ridge(appears to be owned and run by Blue Ridge).

On the lower level of West End Market there is a coming soon sign for a place called West End Chicken and Waffles.

I'm looking forward to the new restaurant on North Main. Something fresh and new will be good for that stretch, IMO, in terms of restaurants.

As for the West End restaurant, I'm a little skeptical of the location, but hopefully they'll be a good addition to the West End's offerings. :)

Archived