UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

A new Asian restaurant, Red Bowl, is now open at the plaza where The Fresh Market is on S. Pleasanburg. They ran an ad in the Greenville News and in this week's Link that announces their opening and offers a coupon for 50% off your bill at dinner! My family of 6 had 6 appetizers, 4 entries and a drink for $37. The food was incredibly good and the portions were very large. We'll definitely be back.

http://redbowlgreenville.com/

I love that they have a "Glutton Free Menu Available." Wow! I can be obese without being sinful!

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new restaurant specializing in Belgian food and drinks is currently under construction somewhere in downtown. It is called, 'The Trappe Door Restaurant & Bar'. Sounds and looks great! I think they are somehow connected to Barley's Taproom & Pizzeria, but I don't know the location. Perhaps in the West End?

http://dribbble.com/shots/62701

They are hoping to open in early 2011.

So exciting to see the word getting out about The Trappe Door!

(my husband designed the logo for it) :)

It's a really great idea, and the owner of Barley's is really taking care to do it right.

Barley's officially announced it on Twitter a couple weeks ago.

@barleysgville is officially announcing "The Trappe Door" Belgian bar coming early 2011.

— Barley's Greenville (@BarleysGville)

October 2, 2010

And StrangeCock is right, it's going in the basement underneath Barley's. Should be a really cool concept and space when it's finished!

So exciting to see the word getting out about The Trappe Door!

(my husband designed the logo for it) :)

It's a really great idea, and the owner of Barley's is really taking care to do it right.

Barley's officially announced it on Twitter a couple weeks ago.

@barleysgville is officially announcing "The Trappe Door" Belgian bar coming early 2011.

— Barley's Greenville (@BarleysGville)

October 2, 2010

And StrangeCock is right, it's going in the basement underneath Barley's. Should be a really cool concept and space when it's finished!

Please compliment your husband for me......LOVE the logo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will do! Glad you all like it.

Josh (at Barley's) has a really great vision for this place, and I think it will be a great addition to Greenville!

It's always exciting to work on projects that people are passionate about. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Friar's Tavern, with one successful location already in Clemson, is planning to open in the former Italian Market space on Woods Lake Road. http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2011/AUGUST/BoardofZoningAppeals/08-19-2010/S-11-136-534WoodsLakeRoad.pdf So glad to see something going into this space that has stood empty for several years.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be so hard on the guy, Birdbrain.

He may have been looking for personal opinions, not just the website's description. When I ask about a restaurant I want the views of somebody who eats there. The company's ads aren't enough.

Don't be so hard on the guy, Birdbrain.

He may have been looking for personal opinions, not just the website's description. When I ask about a restaurant I want the views of somebody who eats there. The company's ads aren't enough.

Yes, B&R, you make an outstanding point.

But I've dealt with that Birdbrain guy a lot, and he's always making dumb comments. What a shame, since he's so intelligent, charming, generous, witty, and wildly attractive to all the ladies. :-)

Sorry folks, back to the restaurant discussion...

• 6 months later...

The new farm-to-table restaurant at Hyatt Plaza (now called NOMA Square) will be called Roost. Here is the logo.. http://www.trademarkia.com/roost-handcrafted-food--drink-85441919.html

and rendering of the water feature/fire pit outside of the restaurant http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20120215/BUSINESS/302150037/Hyatt-renovation-plans-call-permanent-stage-new-restaurant

• 1 month later...

Way to muck up that part of Woodruff, with a Twin Peaks. I had to take a client to one in Dallas....needed a towel to wipe off the cheese when I left. Redneck and cheesy as hell.

In better Woodruff Road restaurant news, Bavarian Pretzel Factory is doing a facelift and looking at real estate in Charlotte for a second location.

Archived