Greenville Journal contents

vicupstate

I know the residents behind that site on James St were complaining about the plans to build a station there. It would definitely be a good spot for one. It would get a ton of traffic.

I think Spinx has got an unfair shake in the battle to keep them off that corner becuase a service station was torn down at that spot to make way for the new station that has been fought.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this piece of land (Spinx) is currently under investigation for environmental concerns stemming from the former service station. This could potentially slow redevelopment, whether it's a new Spinx station or some other development. It would be nice to see something here though!!

[i wasn't impressed when I first read the paper this morning, but I went back later and found some interesting stories.

- USC sells merchandise than Clemson and there are some odd guidelines schools follow when putting stuff out there.

- Story on what people in Greenville google

- Cool story about how Erwin-Penland gets to see previews for new shows. (They say NBC will do good this year)

- Nice profile on new CEO at Greenville Hospital

- Profile on OMG (and interesting little tidbit about history of Capricorn Records and Greenville that should have been explained more)

TBA

-- talk about upcoming D.C. Chamber trip

-- Bergamo Plaza designs coming soon ( Talked about on U.P. This week)

-- New supermarket on Augusta Road, but no more details

-- School District to look at spending more tax money.

I wonder if this can be the old Earth Fare location? Somebody's doing some work in there. The Health Food place that had taken over from Earth Fare didn't last very long. :(

I never had a chance to go to the store that replaced Earth Fare, but I was told that it was crappy. That location is a smaller store, but I kind of liked the smaller, more urban feel to it. It is definitely a decent space for a tenant who is committed to making it successful.

What is the square footage of the former Lewis Plaza Earth Fare structure?

If you're looking at Augusta Road in general throughout Greenville County, Bi-Lo and Food Lion have confirmed locations for stores in the Moonville area. Ingle's is rumoured to have a site ready for its replacement store.

Publix was mentioned a couple months ago at an Augusta Road area store. I could see Lewis Plaza having one, though it would be smaller than Publix's smaller store range. Could they have a site in mind closer to I-85?

- USC sells merchandise than Clemson and there are some odd guidelines schools follow when putting stuff out there.

-- Bergamo Plaza designs coming soon ( Talked about on U.P. This week)

Is that USC sells MORE or USC sells LESS merchandise than Clemson?

I have some pictures on my cell phone of a model of Piazza Bergamo that is in the BofA building that I have been wanting to share with you guys. I have not been able to get them off of my phone though (some technological and time-related issues). I wonder if it is one of the designs, or if it is the old propsal that everyone was so upset about?

I wonder if this is urban downtown Augusta Rd, Country Club Augusta Rd, or Rural 'out there' Augusta Rd...

I was driving to Mauldin the other day from Greenville taking the back way via Conestee and saw a huge grocery store (looked like a competitor to Whole Foods) at the Intersection of 291/25 and I-85 kind of across the street from the home Depot. I'm not sure what area you clasify that. It's just past the "country club" area but not quite "out there" either. Guess you can call it the "Interstate area".

I was driving to Mauldin the other day from Greenville taking the back way via Conestee and saw a huge grocery store (looked like a competitor to Whole Foods) at the Intersection of 291/25 and I-85 kind of across the street from the home Depot. I'm not sure what area you clasify that. It's just past the "country club" area but not quite "out there" either. Guess you can call it the "Interstate area".

Was it Bloom?

Was it Bloom?

Yep, That's it. I didn't remember the name but I recognize the spiral logo. Also I just looked at their site and notice that it's actually a Food Lion store but with a different name and slightly different concept. Looks like a cross between Publix and Whole Foods. They definitely seem to be making convience services a big selling point.

Is that USC sells MORE or USC sells LESS merchandise than Clemson?

I have some pictures on my cell phone of a model of Piazza Bergamo that is in the BofA building that I have been wanting to share with you guys. I have not been able to get them off of my phone though (some technological and time-related issues). I wonder if it is one of the designs, or if it is the old propsal that everyone was so upset about?

As a huge Clemson fan I have to point out that USC does sell more merchandise, but its mainly because college age kids across the nation who've never heard of the University of South Carolina think its funny to have a hat or shirt with COCKS on it. :shok:

As a huge Clemson fan I have to point out that USC does sell more merchandise, but its mainly because college age kids across the nation who've never heard of the University of South Carolina think its funny to have a hat or shirt with COCKS on it. :shok:

Kinda like college-age girls that wear the short shorts with "Cocks" written across the butt. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Furman, my wife just got a nice little write-up in this week's Journal about a big grant award she received. She and three other professors from other colleges received funds from the National Science Foundation to create mentoring programs for women professors in the sciences.

Speaking of Furman, my wife just got a nice little write-up in this week's Journal about a big grant award she received. She and three other professors from other colleges received funds from the National Science Foundation to create mentoring programs for women professors in the sciences.

That's wonderful, Beowulf! Congratulations to your wife. I am aware that getting funds from the NSF is no small feat. I know she will make a big difference the lives of the women she mentors. :thumbsup:

For 2006/09/08...

TBAs:

A date for the demolition of the Greenville Mall could be decided within 45 days. The majority of the mall will be torn down and replaced with the mixed-use Magnolia Park Town Center, similar in size and structure to the nearby Shops at Green Ridge.

With the baseball season over, the question is not if, but when, Greenville will host a South Atlantic All Star Game. The league's mid-season classic is booked through 2008, but it is likely Greenville will host in 2009 or 2010. Why? Because the league generally goes to new stadiums first. The last time Greenville hosted an all-star game was an ECHL event when hockey was still played here.

A CVS is planned for one of two recently graded tracks along Main Street in Simpsonville.

Expect to hear more noise about the rezoning of Graceland East Memorial Park. Nearby residents are preparing for a fight to keep a mixed-used development from going up on cemetary land off of Highway 14.

Innoventure will return for a fourth year. The networking event, aimed at promoting entrepeneurship in Greenville, will be held in late March of 2007. The two-day seminar has been hailed for bringing together the region's top idea makers. More than 100 organizations attended the 2006 event.

Greenville-based Rosenfeld-Einstein is creating a report looking to help business owners and company leaders benchmark their health benefits programs against peers and competitors. The study has drawn more than 160 responses so far.

Archived