Greenville Journal contents

vicupstate

Thanks, JB! I'm now scratching my head trying to figure out exactly where. There aren't many places they could go around there that I can think of. Also, Garner's is right in that same area already, so this will be somewhat of competition to them (I'm not a huge fan of Garner's as it is anyway).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know how tough this job is somedays. Fresh Market is moving to a site near intersection of Pleasantburg/ Laurens Road....that was supposed to be my lead TBA in the upcoming issue, but will become a reality sooner. Now I have to figure out something new to lead with...

My guess is that would be the old DOT/DMV site? Are they moving because of a Supebilo Expansion at the E. North St. location?

My guess is that would be the old DOT/DMV site? Are they moving because of a Supebilo Expansion at the E. North St. location?

It's actually going to be going to the former Vince Perone's site between Laurens Road and the University Center on Pleasantburg, according to the Greenville News. FULL STORY.

It's actually going to be going to the former Vince Perone's site between Laurens Road and the University Center on Pleasantburg, according to the Greenville News. FULL STORY.

This is grea for that site. It's about time something has happened to this property. It's funny that the Greenville News says "Fresh Market Coming to Downtown"

Isn't the Fresh Market already in the city limits. I'm saying this, because the title of the Greenville News article says "Fresh Market may move to city." When your driving on East North Street there is a sign right next to Blockbuster that says "Welcome to Greenville-City Limits." :blink::whistling:

Nope. The current location is OUTSIDE of city limits. Check out the Greenville County GIS and zoom down on the North Hills Center and you'll see where the Greenville City Limits are as compared to the shopping center.

I originally thought of that site, but then I remembered a bank was being built there. Is this instead of the bank or in addition to the bank?

I originally thought of that site, but then I remembered a bank was being built there. Is this instead of the bank or in addition to the bank?

The article says in addition to the bank. See my question in another thrread about the properties adjoining the Perrone property. Are they coming as well?

Gville Tech owns McAllister, so the odds of getting a Belk are very slim. I would assume the college will eventiually take the entire building and stop sub-leasing.

The article says in addition to the bank. See my question in another thrread about the properties adjoining the Perrone property. Are they coming as well?

Gville Tech owns McAllister, so the odds of getting a Belk are very slim. I would assume the college will eventiually take the entire building and stop sub-leasing.

Old Holiday Inn is going, as is the office building next to it.

Old Holiday Inn is going, as is the office building next to it.

Thanks for info! :yahoo:

I'm really glad to hear this. I drive by this site 4 times a week at least. Once I saw the Parrone building going, I thought it would be ideal to take those other sites and combine everything. They have poor egress from Pburg anyway. this should be a huge boost in the effort to revitialize the Pburg corridor. Now if the Renaissance project would break ground.

I specifically gave credit to the Greenville Journal and g-man on SSP. The person who wrote the article is on urbanplanet and doesn't have any problems with it.

I personally don't have the time to type up articles, but our general policy on this is that if an article is not available online for others to read then its ok to share it in full so long as its property documented (author, source, date, pages, etc).

It really doesn't bother me if my stuff is preprinted, but since I don't make the rules on the site, I don't think I should weigh in on whether or not it is against the rules.

The point of that rule is to not allow UrbanPlanet to become a "newspaper" site. We are here to discuss developments, and if something is important enough, people will click the link that you provide to read it. I would much rather people go and pick up a copy of the Journal.

I would assume the sites that are proposed for annexation would most likely be:

1) Greenville Mall

2) Winn Dixie Warehouse on Wade Hampton

3) North Hills Shopping Center (that Fresh Market is leaving).

#1 is pretty certain I would say, but I might be off on the other two.

Sounds about right to me. Although has the Greenville Mall site not been known to be getting annexed and has it not happened? I guess I was thinking that the annexations were going to be more surprising...

I would assume the sites that are proposed for annexation would most likely be:

1) Greenville Mall

2) Winn Dixie Warehouse on Wade Hampton

3) North Hills Shopping Center (that Fresh Market is leaving).

North Hills (S/C)

I know the city limits extend to the end of the 2600 block of East North Street. The even side is in the city limits, but I'm unsure about the odd side.

2901 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors

The former Winn Dixie warehouse, located in Taylors, is many miles away to be annexed into The City of Greenville.

Did anybody not look at the city agendas I posted earlier. Maybe that is the annexations the Greenville Journal is talking about.

If so, I might be dissapointed. Those are 'small' and maybe 'significant' to some degree, but not at all what i was expecting. Thanks for sharing those though.

Archived