Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, TheLonesomeHobo said:

From the sound of it this might be similar to Tree Huggers that used to be on Wealthy. If so I’m super excited, I loved that store and it was a huge bummer to see it go. 

Same! That store was great and pretty reasonably priced. Looking forward to having that kind of option in town. 

28 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Not Wealthy St "per se'" but Paul Lee posted on Instagram that they're starting work on 341 Henry, demolishing the home that sits there now (that's falling down)

I like the looks of these.

1906HenryAvedevelopment_500px.jpg

I was wondering the status of this project recently.   Glad to see it's moving forward.  Yes, you can call this Wealthy Street, just to the north of the Donkey.  Good looking indeed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Mercy Supply is closing it's shop on Wealthy. They're still going to be making clothes and leather goods, just closing the shop.  

I’m really bummed about this, the people who run Mercy Supply are very close old friends of mine. Business for them is still going well, just sadly they can’t afford the space any longer.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, gunnerdouzi said:

Looks like Premier is opening their 2nd retail location in the place where Mercy Supply was located...   Sometime in April... Maybe... :tw_cry:  

IMG_20200401_092125_904.jpg

Ohhh, that's interesting. I'll see what the folks at the shop say. I know their landlord keeps squeezing them for higher rents. 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, thebeerqueer said:

Ohhh, that's interesting. I'll see what the folks at the shop say. I know their landlord keeps squeezing them for higher rents. 

Confirmed a second location for Premier. Opening date TDB now ... and don't mark your calendar for a dope opening party just yet. 

• Like 2

Daydreaming about our beloved Wealthy St restaurants... Anyone else?  

What I would give for a Garlic Gyro from Zivio, or a pitcher of guava margs from Donkey, or to finally try Royals for the first time.  Hell, I even miss going to the bathroom in the grimy Meanwhile not overly worried about what germs there might be.  Hope everyone is hanging in there and really hope these lovely businesses make it through this COVID-19 pandemic. :tw_heart:  Cant wait to see you all soon.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, gunnerdouzi said:

What I would give for a Garlic Gyro from Zivio, or a pitcher of guava margs from Donkey, or to finally try Royals for the first time.  Hell, I even miss going to the bathroom in the grimy Meanwhile not overly worried about what germs there might be.  Hope everyone is hanging in there and really hope these lovely businesses make it through this COVID-19 pandemic. :tw_heart:  Cant wait to see you all soon.

For shame not to mention Hancock.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, gunnerdouzi said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I'll add in Winchester's hip-hop brunch. 

• Like 1

Shoot, you are both so right... Winchester and Hancock are certainly worth a mention.  While we are at it, call out to our awesome coffee shops too: Outside Coffee,  Sparrows, Squibb, Rowsters.... I miss every little food/drink place on Wealthy.  The Wealthy St Bakery!!:tw_weary: Brick Road Pizza!!  Lets get these restaurants packed again once this all passes :tw_heart:

• Like 4