Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

Rumor has it that the White Old "Wealthy Auto Parts" on the corner of Henry and Wealthy is being bought be the owners of the Winchester and will be converted to a new eatery. What kind I do not know.

The rundown, brink falling off the wall, strip of stores across from Wealthy Street Bakery is being bought by Legrand and will be renovated and transformed.

While driving by Sandmann's, last night, I saw a small construction trailer, and some prople checking out the place. Their might even be a new permit card on the door. Something is going on and I think it is a new tenant. What could be going in there?

I'm not able to tell which one is the Wealthy Auto Parts building from Google Streetview. Neither choice is very big. Would be great if whichever one it is, that a demolition is in the cards or it will look like the Wealthy St. Station. Great food, but an exterior that still looks like a place to get your oil changed. However a full demolition will likely cost $$$$ because of the environmental clean-up.

But I suspect the Winchester people will do a good job either way.

I'm glad the "D&G" sale is going through as planned. No funny business or surprises are needed there, and Sandmanns couldn't be on the market for too long. The building is just too nice to stay empty.

Great building! I'm glad to hear this building will be saved. Classic example of an old gas station.

Joe

Rumor has it that the White Old "Wealthy Auto Parts" on the corner of Henry and Wealthy is being bought be the owners of the Winchester and will be converted to a new eatery. What kind I do not know.

That old firehouse is a beautiful spot to put a new brewery. I like that different neighborhoods are starting to get their beer on :shades:

A few preview photos. GRNow reports they are hoping to open in September. What a great space! I hope the beer is as good as the venue appears to be shaping up.

https://www.facebook...76404104&type=1

Also, Perrin Brewing Co has indicated on Facebook that they will announce their opening date very soon.

https://www.facebook...263969590374774

• 1 month later...

The rundown, brink falling off the wall, strip of stores across from Wealthy Street Bakery is being bought by Legrand and will be renovated and transformed.

While driving by Sandmann's, last night, I saw a small construction trailer, and some prople checking out the place. Their might even be a new permit card on the door. Something is going on and I think it is a new tenant. What could be going in there?

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2012/10/winchester_owner_paul_lee_plan.html?fb_action_ids=4164384266053&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the most important, and largest undeveloped, lots in the uptown area. For Eastown it's at its southern gateway where they can seriously use a really good infill development. This can be really exciting and a great anchor for that area. More so if that car wash ever gets sold and redeveloped or that lot to the north-east.

Now it's a matter of who bought it and what they are going to put on it. Goodness knows in GR there is no guarantee that it will be appropriate, tasteful, or competent.

This is one of the most important, and largest undeveloped, lots in the uptown area. For Eastown it's at its southern gateway where they can seriously use a really good infill development. This can be really exciting and a great anchor for that area. More so if that car wash ever gets sold and redeveloped or that lot to the north-east.

Now it's a matter of who bought it and what they are going to put on it. Goodness knows in GR there is no guarantee that it will be appropriate, tasteful, or competent.

https://is.bsasoftware.com/bsa.is/AssessingServices/ServiceAssessingDetails.aspx?p=41-14-29-481-019&dp=41-14-29-481-019&i=1&appid=0&actSn=1415&actSna=WEALTHY+ST&actDir=SE&unit=115

When we bought our house, the city's site was updated about two weeks before the county. Even if there's no news release or other leak, you'll know who bought it soon...or at least the name of their LLC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice article about Osgood Brewing Company, set to open in downtown Grandville.  I hadn't heard about it until this article, but it seems like they've had a following on Facebook for a while.  No opening date has been announced, but the article implies they're planning their opening to roughly coincide with the completion of the Chicago Drive's reconstruction in the Spring.

Given prevailing trends, this is a great way to put some life back in downtown Grandville.  I particularly like their nod to local history with the name.  There's a great photo from 1904 of the original Osgood Tavern in the article.

Edited by RegalTDP

Amazed like many to find there is a thread on here called "Beer". Shameless plug for a "Bus Brew Crawl" event I aim on running twice a year at this rate, next one on May 18th. Find it on Facebook or if you're not on there at all, drop me a line for more info. The inaugural event was small but it proved the concept, we visited seven breweries and one pub using nothing but The Rapid from start to finish. Next one will be eight plus one.

Went and checked out GRBC for the soft opening yesterday. Besides the distinctive and almost overpowering smell of wood stain (I'm sure that will die down), it was good. The food was good, the beer was good, the atmosphere and the sweeping views of the arena, Fulton and Ionia are cool. Maybe I'm old and don't go to bars in the evening enough, but it was friggin loud! What's the point of having the music so loud you can't talk to your companions at your table?

Bar noise is my biggest complaint. I love Founders, but its a no go on weekends with music if I actually want to converse with the people I'm going with.

I walked past on Saturday night and there was a line. Maybe I will try on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I know this seems to be a continuous PITA topic, but as was driving up Wealthy a coupe of weeks ago I happened to look at the infamous D&G and noticed what looked to be some painting work going on on the inside as the glass on the windows seemed to have paint on them. So I'm thinking that the building had officially changed hands and that some work was going on inside since it was starting to maybe get too cold to do major stuff on the exterior.

So I'm driving past today and looked at the building and, maybe I'm blind here, but it looks like the exterior has received yet another coat of paint. I'm talking about the crappy and rotted parts of the exterior that would get torn out first with any renovation. I'm seriously trying not to believe that the crank lady that owned the place is STILL the owner and is still goofing around in hopes of running a "business". Maybe the city, mortgage/realtor  or the bank made her do some aesthetic work before the building offically sold.

Oh pleeeeeeeease let it be that!

• 2 weeks later...