Oracle, 60 acres at River North, 1,200,000 sq. ft. of space, $1.2B Investment, 8,500 jobs

markhollin

So,  was just talking to friends about Oracle. Thought that it’s been a long  time since we have heard anything on this project, decided to look it up. The last post was October of 2020 !!!!! 
what gives? All the excitement and hoopla and then silence. Nothing in 16 months! Wasn’t there preset timelines with the incentives? Like 1/2 the jobs within the first five years? They need to get building soon , for that to happen. Basically a year and a half has gone by with no news at all. Does anyone have any thoughts or intel ?

47 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Thanks guys!, great info. I was just curious as to the the general scope of where things are . I figured, something this complex and scale would take a bit. But usually we hear bits of news now and then. And of course we all know the value of patience…… someone say Transit :tw_grin:

Our transit issues are a better example of the cost of patience in this case I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

So,  was just talking to friends about Oracle. Thought that it’s been a long  time since we have heard anything on this project, decided to look it up. The last post was October of 2020 !!!!! 
what gives? All the excitement and hoopla and then silence. Nothing in 16 months! Wasn’t there preset timelines with the incentives? Like 1/2 the jobs within the first five years? They need to get building soon , for that to happen. Basically a year and a half has gone by with no news at all. Does anyone have any thoughts or intel ?

I was shocked when I read this.  I went back and I see comments up to September of last year on this string.  So it seems you were correct in thinking that's a long time to hear nothing.  Or perhaps you meant comments specific to the project itself.  Either way, don't mind me.  I'm ALWAYS lurking looking for more!!!!!  Like Smeags....give us the precious!

Edited by nashville born

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/18/oracle-lifeway.html

Oracle is leasing 31,000 sq ft of office space in the former Lifeway Tower at 601 11th Ave N.

”Oracle is still working through designs of its $1.35 billion campus and is expected to file plans this year to rezone the property and potentially alter the urban design overlay that governs development in the area.”

Would love it if they suddenly decided they wanted to create a really eye-popping campus.  Go bold.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Oracle is still working through designs of its $1.35 billion campus and is expected to file plans this year to rezone the property and potentially alter the urban design overlay that governs development in the area.”

What exactly would this be leaning towards? What currently does the overlay and zoning allow? What thoughts come to mind with such a phase as potentially alter ?

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

Some detail from TDOT on the proposed pedestrian underpass. Sorry, I lost the link and source.

1821194057_RNTunnel.thumb.jpg.e6767a4a29542704a27c7d5642b43dd4.jpg

This diagram was featured in the Axios article regarding Gov. Lee's budget figures. What's interesting is this diagram misses the property owned by Oracle. Parcel Viewer indicates that Oracle owns the property just to the north of the underpass on the west side of the highway (it is the parcel that has the white roof building, under the text "Landscape Area"). An LLC associated with Oakpointe Property Management purchased the building directly to the east of the interstate late last year (the underpass diagram indicates taking up a portion of the existing parking lot on this site). I don't believe they are really developers per say, but will be interesting to see if they do anything in conjunction with the underpass.

Cleveland Street underpass is still in design I believe.

• 2 weeks later...