Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Work being done on the wider pedestrian friendly section of Lower Broadway's north side between 1st and 2nd Avenues:

Looking NE from Broadway, just east of 2nd Ave. North:

Is this an isolated stretch, or is this part of larger (long needed) upgrade on the sidewalks on lower Broadway?

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

More images released of Hill Center Germantown  slated for mid-2022 groundbreaking at 416 Jefferson St.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-additional-images-released-for-germantown-project/article_bc29071a-4340-11ec-a15e-373d9d14bc31.ht

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.06.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.06.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.07.10 AM.png

Where's the LOVE button?!?!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rookzie said:

There really SHOULD be a true Love button.

btw, I never even got my question answered definitively concerning the sudden inability to see the identities of others' who reacted to my posts/comments, and of course, they can't see my reactions.  It seems that U-P is taking a dump, so to speak ─ that or it's hemorrhaging through the 'roids..   I would've thought by now these quirks would have been resolved. 

Mlbrumby laughed

Another thing that’s changed is the number of comments and ratings that used to show up under the commenter’s avatar. The whole thing has become ‘anonymized ’.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, markhollin said:

A rendering of Music City Central Bus Station with proposed 11 story affordable housing on top from Civic Design Center:

Music City Central Transit Housing, Civic Design Center,  Nov, 2021, render.png

This was actually a very cool presentation I attended back in 2019 (I think) where I believe EOA assisted the NCDC partnership with VU Engineering on the possibilities of building on top of the bus station. If I recall correctly, the structure was designed with a certain number of stories above the buss station for future expansion but it has never occurred. Was great to see the engineering students a little outside their comfort zone with the design aspect of the structure, but seeing what they came up with was really quite impressive.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The .96 acre lot comprised of 504 4th Ave. south and 319 Peabody St. is now available for sale and an undisclosed asking price. Several nondescript/non-historic 1 story structures are on the lot that include Quiznos, Blue Nile Cafe, and Leaf 'n' Brew.  This has become a hotel district, with no fewer than 11 hotels in operation within 2 blocks, and several more being planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/sobro-buildings-near-hotels-offered-for-sale/article_ba8bd49e-4658-11ec-ba81-c3cab6517da3.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.07.19 AM.png

That's kind of sad.  This spot was a great spot for a quick/cheap lunch.  That place was PACKED with construction workers when these hotels were going up.  But no property is safe to the Nashville growth!

• Like 1