Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 12/24/2021 at 7:58 AM, markhollin said:

907 Gleaves  St. (1 story, 15,000 sq. ft. of commercial/office space on .83 acre) has sold for $10.6 million  to an LLC related to MarketStreet Enterprises (the primary developer of the majority of the Lower Gulch area).  A John Ingram-affiliated LLC was the previous owner, having spent $2.1 million to buy in 2015.  This large purchase price  brings to question whether this current structure has a future on this site. One could easily see something of at least a 10 story nature being developed here. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/gulch-building-near-peg-leg-porker-sells-for-10-6m/article_baca639a-6376-11ec-805b-e32341e6c282.html

This is fascinating.  Ingram makes 5X in six years, so that's a win, especially since this building hasn't been used that much (based on my limited knowledge).  MarketStreet just sold the 915 Division parcel and has now invested those dollars into this location.  I wonder why.  Does it have anything to do with the developer who is building the dual brand Hilton?  Does this have anything to do with the Pine Street Parking Lot on the map?  I'm just throwing out ideas here hoping something makes the Magic 8 Ball say "Maybe."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

Bottled Blonde will be a new 5 story, 25,000 sq. ft. $45 million bar/entertainment facility at 209-211 Broadway. Evening Entertainment Group just bought the 2 story (circa 1948) building for $20 million earlier this week. Negotiations are underway for a country music star to be the face of the location. There will be multiple levels of live music, a private club overlooking Broadway, and a rooftop adult games bar. The primary food offered will be pizza. Tuck Hinton will be the architect, and it is expected to be open by late 2023. No renderings yet. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/12/29/bottled-blonde-planned-for-lower-broadway.html

This. is the structure that will be razed to make way for the 5 story entertainment complex:

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 2.43.14 PM.png

Interesting that they just plan on demolishing this entire building. It is certainly nothing to look at, but it is a step up on the historic scale as it is eligible for national preservation and also falls within the Broadway Historic Overlay District. I will say I do not believe this structure contributes at all to the architectural vernacular of Lower Broadway and I believe a new structure will contribute better. This will create an odd canyon for the "finger" portion of the Moxy which went the route of maintaining the existing frontage along Broadway while now both sides will go higher. 

The last time we saw a complete teardown was Steve Smith at Kid Rock's title bar and there was a massive lawsuit with the Moxy Hotel because many of these buildings share party walls and the Kid Rock team pulled down the wall for the Moxy.

image.png.f1325553c1a5151c95bba1a8e9ae233d.png

Also, "Bottled Blonde"? There is only a handful of country music singers that I feel like would entertain this. Carrie Underwood is my leading contender.

• Like 3

411 Broadway (3 stories, 42,394 sq. ft.)  has sold for $47.9 million, which works out to $1,129 per sq. ft.---another very high level for downtown.  It was previously purchased for $27 million just 4 years ago. Downtown Sporting Club will close immediately.  No word on who the new owner is, or what their plans will be.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/lower-broadway-bar-building-sells-for-47-9m/article_bb1f5c1a-6a7e-11ec-9fd0-b7703f92c58a.html

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.37.33 PM.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

411 Broadway (3 stories, 42,394 sq. ft.)  has sold for $47.9 million, which works out to $1,129 per sq. ft.---another very high level for downtown.  It was previously purchased for $27 million just 4 years ago. Downtown Sporting Club will close immediately.  No word on who the new owner is, or what their plans will be.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/lower-broadway-bar-building-sells-for-47-9m/article_bb1f5c1a-6a7e-11ec-9fd0-b7703f92c58a.html

My brother was a bartender at Paradise Park and is suddenly out of a job before one of the biggest paydays of the year. Sucks

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

2006:

April 18, 2006, Demonbreun overpass of The Gulch, Jae S Lee, The Tennessean.png

Apparently the Demonbreun viaduct replacement in 2006 took 2 years and 7 months.

It's crazy that less than 20 years later, the Broadway Viaduct replacement is expected to take less than a year (using a similar method to the Fast Fix 8 interstate bridges back in 2015).

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 7:07 AM, markhollin said:

Immediately?? That is wild. Seems like interesting timing with the Bastion fire happening a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly the ownership of Bastion and Downtown Sporting Club are/were one in the same.