Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

From today's Nashville Post:

The Nashville-area business partners developing a self-storage building in Germantown have landed a major permit related to the project.

The permit is valued at about $8.35 million, with locally based The Conseco Group handling the work.

Mark Tarver, president of Tarver Properties, is teaming with Jewell Hale and Bobby Kirby on the $10 million project. The six-story mixed-use building will offer 90,000 square feet of self-storage and 6,500 square feet of retail and have an address of 1232 Third Ave. N.  To be located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Third and Monroe Street, the building will front Third.

The team created GTown Storage LLC for the effort, having acquired the 0.69-acre property last October for $2 million.

If operational today, the facility would be the only of its type in the fast-changing North Nashville district. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 7:50 AM, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ There are actually more parking spaces downtown than there have ever been.  

i figured that to be the case, but do you know if there's a link anywhere indicating that? i'm currently embroiled in an argument about this very subject.

No one will be standing on the bridge to watch fireworks from a distance that's for sure.  Looks like the only purpose will be to watch traffic go by....  That's extremely disappointing to see.  I understand the need for safety but this is overkill.  Imagine the KVB and Shelby bridges having such features.....  Lets all pray that the pedestrian bridge will not include such obstructions to view the city.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, arkitekte said:

Which is probably at least one of the factors in the final design.

Right. Keep in mind that this bridge is primarily for vehicular traffic, and is located on both a horizontal and vertical curve. It wouldn't take much more than a glance at the view for a driver to end up wrapped around one of those bollards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

I do not know.  I do know that The Listening Room has already planned on moving and that I heard from a SoBro worker that the lot was sold or "to be" sold.  Maybe someone on the board can give insight.

I think they have already opened. I saw a bunch of people standing in line to get in the other night IH building.