Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 28th, the taller pedestrian railing is in place only on the portion directly over the rail right of way, and the balustrades on that portion are filled in solid.     Looks like the same is happening on the Division connector.    Others on this board are more knowledgeable about such things, but I'm guessing these are CSX requirements.   

9 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

On 28th, the taller pedestrian railing is in place only on the portion directly over the rail right of way, and the balustrades on that portion are filled in solid.     Looks like the same is happening on the Division connector.    Others on this board are more knowledgeable about such things, but I'm guessing these are CSX requirements.   

That's correct.

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Personally, I'd rather they just build the railing higher and allow a person to look out with an unobstructed view instead of through fencing.

CSX requires a fence at least eight feet high from the sidewalk surface.

• Like 4

On 8/31/2017 at 2:03 PM, CenterHill said:

Yes, it is a shipping container and will be a food kiosk.   Sort of a permanent food truck.     I'm not sure who the vendor is that will occupy it.    The City Center owners are also constructing an outdoor stage and new seating and landscaping on the plaza.     I'll try to snap some pictures of the renderings in the building lobby. 

Renderings of the City Center plaza improvements 

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

(sorry these posted sideways;  trying to fix but can't figure out how to rotate them....)

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 1

From today's Nashville Post:

A large-scale mixed-use project is being eyed for a North Davidson County site.

If it materializes, The Villages at Hodges Hill could offer, according to a Metro document, 122 residences and some agricultural uses on a site spanning about 42 acres.

The project would have an address of 4000 Brick Church.

According to the Metro property records, Twelve Stones Developments Corp. owns the parcel, having acquired it for $355,000 in December 2016.

Twelve Stones has enlisted Nashville-based Dale and Associates for land planning and engineering duties. The team will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, Oct. 12, to seek specific plan rezoning.

The property sits within the District 3 of Metro Councilmember Brenda Haywood.

Criminal Justice Center (5 stories, 80 feet) update. Sub level parking nearly complete.  

Looking north from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 1, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 2, Sept 2, 2017..jpg

Looking east from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 3, Sept 2, 2017..jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Big crane set up to do work on U.S. Tobacco Building (I wish it had a massive wrecking ball on it...but alas, I think it's just some work on the roofing).

Looking west from Rosa Parks Blvd. at intersection with Tredco Drive:

Heard they have plans along those lines (wrecking ball) that may come to pass before too many more years go by.