Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

It's funny how there's a 12 story difference in the towers but yet they are so close in height. Looks very nice though. Looks like the office tower changed a bit. Doesn't appear to have the step setbacks at the top anymore.

Even though slightly shorter, I think I like the update better. I like that there is some separation between the hotel and office tower.

How much shorter is it from the original design? I can't remember how many stories the original design of the hotel called for.

It's funny how there's a 12 story difference in the towers but yet they are so close in height. Looks very nice though. Looks like the office tower changed a bit. Doesn't appear to have the step setbacks at the top anymore.

I imagine that's where they regained the square footage that disappeared with the subtraction of a few floors.

The lackluster streetside activation along Clark is more than a little surprising... Especially since that's going to be directly across from the Westin's front door. Everything else is A-OK with me, though. I really like how the parking lot between JWM and Cummins Station magically turned into a quiet little tree-filled park.  :rolleyes:

Can't wait to share images with you guys once this one begins. My office window is facing this direction from the middle of Cummins Station. (Yay! Now I can join in on the "from my office in..." jokes!)

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 2

I imagine that's where they regained the square footage that disappeared with the subtraction of a few floors.

The lackluster streetside activation along Clark is more than a little surprising... Especially since that's going to be directly across from the Westin's front door. Everything else is A-OK with me, though. I really like how the parking lot between JWM and Cummins Station magically turned into a quiet little tree-filled park. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to share images with you guys once this one begins. My office window is facing this direction from the middle of Cummins Station. (Yay! Now I can join in on the "from my office in..." jokes!)

I guess I should have explained better. Sorry about that. What I meant is that there is a difference of 12 stories in the JW than what there is in the office tower but yet they look so close in height. I understand the floor to ceiling heights are different in hotels and office buildings. It just doesn't seem right for some reason especially with the substantial cap on top of the JW (which I hope is illuminated at night). Maybe it's just the angle of the renderings. Anyways, I belive it'll look pretty tall at that location. Edited by bruceman73

I will believe this when ground is broken. They need to finance 350 million dollars. I would love to see the bank that will carry that much paper. I think this has as much promise as the Pat Emery proposal. 50/50 at best, but I hope I am wrong. I don't want to be disappointed again.

Edited by Paramount747

Of all the new buildings being proposed in Nashville, these are my favorites due to the complimentary curvatures, the colors, and the interesting jutting floors at the top.  Signature pieces for sure.  Disappointed that a few floors were lost from the original renderings of each, but think it is a terrific development otherwise.

• Like 1

What is it about the area the Holiday Inn is being built that justifies an eight story height limit? That makes zero sense to me at all. At least with Rutledge Hill they can say that there are 'historic properties' nearby, but as far as I know, this part of SoBro is currently a wasteland of warehouses and vacant lots. What are they trying to preserve here?

I am 100% with you on this. MDHA is a lot of the reasons some of these projects do not materialize as they can't work within the silly height limits in place. This is not the same itin was years ago when these limits were put in place. MDHA should have no say in the matter at all. Leave it to Metro Planning.

I am sick of MDHA snubbing their nose at so many projects.

If anyone knows any of the people on the board, pass this along.

• Like 4

THANK YOU RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% with you on this. MDHA is a lot of the reasons some of these projects do not materialize as they can't work within the silly height limits in place. This is not the same itin was years ago when these limits were put in place. MDHA should have no say in the matter at all. Leave it to Metro Planning.

I am sick of MDHA snubbing their nose at so many projects.

If anyone knows tiny of the people on the board, pass this along.

I think it's cool how the top floor of the office tower looks like it's been pushed out from the rest of the building. Almost like a stack of books stacked perfectly and the second to top book being pushed out! I love this development. I hope it happens.

Agreed, but otherwise the overall shape of the office part was more eccentric and interesting in the earlier design.  And what happened to the swimming pool?  They have cars driving around up there now.

Agreed, but otherwise the overall shape of the office part was more eccentric and interesting in the earlier design.  And what happened to the swimming pool?  They have cars driving around up there now.

Lol that's true. And there seems to be people walking around on what appears to be an empty roof if you look to the far left of the JW Marriott at street level there appears to be blue which may be water. Kind of an odd place for a swimming pool though. Can someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Turnberry financing this project on their own? I thought it had been said that they have very deep pockets and financing shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

I will believe this when ground is broken. They need to finance 350 million dollars. I would love to see the bank that will carry that much paper. I think this has as much promise as the Pat Emery proposal. 50/50 at best, but I hope I am wrong. I don't want to be disappointed again.

Full service hotels require a significant higher equity stake than a typical project. Higher risk because of larger operating overhead and smaller margin. I would expect 40% equity as a minimum required. At that amount of capital they will absolutely get a loan.

Agreed. Hoping only the roof is compromised, the article didn't really clarify.

On a lighter note, I couldn't help but notice in that article the tweet by "FromParkAveToTn" under the generic alias of "Tom Wood", though.

Edited by NikOnder
  • Like 3

Agreed. Hoping only the roof is compromised, the article didn't really clarify.

On a lighter note, I couldn't help but notice in that article the tweet by "FromParkAveToTn" under the generic alias of "Tom Wood", though.

Saw video on News4 and the entire roof collapsed.  There is no roof left.  They'll have to keep Broadway closed until they can shore up the walls.  This construction company nearly destroyed this 100+ year old building.

^^^ I know I made a joke about it, but that tweet picture in the article does make it painfully clear how fragile the brick walls/facades of these old buildings are. Like I said, I hope only the roof is compromised when all is said and done. 

Edited by NikOnder
  • Like 1

^^^ I know I made a joke about it, but that tweet picture in the article does make it painfully clear how fragile the brick walls/facades of these old buildings are. Like I said, I hope only the roof is compromised when all is said and done. 

Yeah...it was weird how earlier they were saying "partial roof collapse"...but then they'd show video from above and the entire roof was gone.  Crazy!