Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

^ on the corner of Albion and 21st.

I am working on the most comprehensive map ever done for this site or another I have seen. It is going to take me several weeks to finish but will have most of the construction since 2000. I will have photos or renderings for most projects as well as year built.

• Like 2

^ on the corner of Albion and 21st.

I am working on the most comprehensive map ever done for this site or another I have seen. It is going to take me several weeks to finish but will have most of the construction since 2000. I will have photos or renderings for most projects as well as year built.

Wow! You did such a great job on the last list, I can hardly wait to see this one.  Those of us who live outside of Nashville really appreciate such comprehensive project lists.  Thanks.

As far as I can tell there has not been a rendering released yet. WW is trying to contact them but so far without any results. I keep in close contact with WW and pass information along to him that ends up in his blog post or as stories in the Post. Many times I will know about a project or a rendering before hand but cannot share, but this is not one of those cases. There should be renderings coming on a few more projects a little later on.

That's the first I've seen of that.

It doesn't exactly blow you away, but it's far, far better looking than the current configuration (which really does look like a back entrance).

It looks like they're opening up space for a restaurant with an outside entrance on 5th. Smart move. That should catch a lot of convention-goers and CMHoF visitors making their way to/from Lower Broad.

• Like 1

Nice!  Much better than I expected it to be.

I wasn't sure what to expect, to be honest. I didn't figure it would be some huge overhaul/redesign due to the dollar figures in play -- but I wasn't sure if they were just going to expand the entryway or if there were some real aesthetic changes involved as well. I like the idea of adding more glass to the rear entrance. And it looks like they are opening up room for some restaurant/retail opportunities.

As a side note -- with the announcement of the police precinct moving and the possibility of opening up that space to retail, I DO think it would be a good idea to invest some money to reall change the look of that particular part of the arena.

It might be pretty tough considering the slope of the street/sidewalk here, but what about putting a completely new facade over the mundane concrete in the front. I'm thinking along the lines of mimicking the Lower Broad facades with subtle differences in brick and paint color, windows and signage. I think the difficult part is working it in with the slope, since I'm not sure you could cut into the building and actually make this stuff multi-level. But if done right, (and with a little lead down the side of 6th), it could be a cool lead-in to Lower Broad, and perhaps help the arena blend a little bit better with it's surroundings.

The same sort of concept could be applied to the other side of the street, with redeveloping the convention center space.

From this to something more like this.

I'm not sure, but I think that about half of the space (on the lower end) is where the ticket office/Tennessee Sports HoF is...so a bit of it would just be window dressing for that part of the arena. But for the corner area (Broad @ 6th) I think it would work well for restaurants/retail.

Thoughts?

P.S. -- the code/editor on this site annoys me to no end.

Edited by UTgrad09
  • Like 1

Just guessing, but I am wondering if we won't see a boom of higher end stuff after the MCC opens.  Maybe there is hesitation since we might not be "proven" as a market yet.  Even though we are getting the hype, maybe some of the developers still see Nashville as "eh", while other places like Indy are more "ok."  It will be really interesting to see the MCC at work.  Not too much longer!!

Ultimate Tire & Care Care in the Gulch:  Has anyone mentioned this one yet?  UP is acting up on me today! 

Ultimate Tire & Car Care, the auto garage at 12th/McGavock kind of behind the Gulch McDonald's, and surrounded by valet parking for M Street, is closing that location and is moving to the 800 block of Ewing.  I took my car in for service and was talking to the guys there yesterday.  They said that the property owner in their Gulch location pays more property taxes on the valet parking side of the lot next to 12th than they do for the "improved" portion of the property that includes the garage.  The garage building has a "for lease" sign, but I'm guessing that that building will come down sooner rather than later.  The Ultimate Tire & Care Care guys were joking that they were suprised that it hadn't fallen down yet!

Edited by bwithers1

I can't really tell from the rendering, but can you drive underneath the building?  I'm not very familiar with the sight but the building looks as if it's on stilts.  I think it is very interesting and hope that it gets built.

Also, where exactly on 11th ave. is the site?  

Edited by bruceman73

I can't really tell from the rendering, but can you drive underneath the building?  I'm not very familiar with the sight but the building looks as if it's on stilts.  I think it is very interesting and hope that it gets built.

Also, where exactly on 11th ave. is the site?  

I think it is this site here.  The large parking lot in the middle.  You are correct.  The rendering shows two levels.  So it must be Demonbreun St upper and 11th Ave lower. It also looks like Velocity and Cummings station in the back ground.  So the direction would be standing at Demonbreun St as it passes above 11th Ave looking ~E/SE.

8423095711_a101d27fd6.jpg