Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

That's true, when my mom and I go to the Titans game, we either drink downtown before and walk across the bridge, or eat in East Nasty and ride with my uncle to his spot. We rarely tailgate. If there were more restaurants/bars around these stadium that would be excellent. 

It would be interesting if the Titans/City, sold of a chunk of land on the river side and built a little mini strip of things like that on the river, now that would get some serious attendance. And jump the development across the river. Broadway 2 - the other side of the river boog-a-loo. :tw_joy:

I digress, developing Craighead is going to be hard (with the coke railroad spur but I bet they could find new ways to get their stuff in) but would be PERFECT as a pre-game strip for people to hang out out. So many open air decks/patios looking out onto the stadium, drool.

Edited by PaulChinetti
addition
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AronG said:

Speaking for myself personally, having enough nearby bars & restaurants to go hang out before the game (i.e. Von Elrods at the Sounds stadium) is much preferable to trying to give everybody space to bring their RV and set out their own grill. They tried to do that for Titans stadium, and IMO it's been a huge mistake. It's surrounded by almost 100 acres of asphalt (!) and it's all a bunch of dead space 98% of the time. This is across the river from where land is going for $1,000 per sqft or whatever. Stadiums in cities should build enough parking for a small fraction of people to drive and it should be expensive. Everyone else can get acquainted with Nashville's real mass transit system: Lyft Line, Uber Pool, and 16 different types of electric scooters.

Exactly.  The only reason tailgating is even a thing is because so many football stadiums are surrounded by a sea of asphalt and located out in no man's land with little else around.  Not that tailgating isn't fun... but essentially it's just drinking in a parking lot instead of a bar.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Exactly.  The only reason tailgating is even a thing is because so many football stadiums are surrounded by a sea of asphalt and located out in no man's land with little else around.  Not that tailgating isn't fun... but essentially it's just drinking in a parking lot instead of a bar.  

cheaper booze than a bar!

• Like 2

Yeah, I was never put off by the design but I've seemed to like it a little more each time I look at it. The industrial look always works for me (eg: Lifeway's new digs, I just love that design) and I think this will work nicely.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I'm disagreeing with myself as I think this thought, because I'm most likely biased, but the logo is "growing" on me. Particular the blue/purple and white crest. 

image.png.3b422584551ec7c8799089ff8a5d643b.png

It's not a traditional European style crest but I like it too.  When people think of Nashville, they don't think "old" or "colonial".  In fact, almost every publication about Nashville is about the growth... the newness... so I like the trendy feel to this logo.  I like the colors too although I still think the Navy blue is more like Royal blue/purple but I didn't agree with most people on that dress either.  

As far as the stadium... I am still super excited about this stadium.  I suppose it makes sense to not have a massive glass structure or something with weird curves or designs in this location of Nashville.  Perhaps something like that is better suited along the Cumberland or a place to be showcased.   Parking is freaking me out just a little but we will see what they come up with.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I'm disagreeing with myself as I think this thought, because I'm most likely biased, but the logo is "growing" on me. Particular the blue/purple and white crest. 

image.png.3b422584551ec7c8799089ff8a5d643b.png

I actually really like the logo...as it conjures up sound waves...and also an old-timey microphone.  What I don't care for is the octagon shape they've placed around the logo at times.  When you see it with just a rectangle, like this photo...it looks great. (IMO)

• Like 2

Still hate the logo; it's awful.  USL logo is so much better...people shouldn't have to let a logo grow on them.  It should be binary; it should be thumbs up or thumbs down and not thumbs sideways.  Look at the merch available...awful compounded by an awful logo.  It's never good to have to explain what is going on with a design...oh...those are soundwaves?  Uh..okay.  Please convey to me which frequency they represent other than God awful.

I continue to need to vent.  Very disappointing.  Hopefully the stadium will make up for the new logo's atrocity.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tragenvol said:

Still hate the logo; it's awful.  USL logo is so much better...people shouldn't have to let a logo grow on them.  It should be binary; it should be thumbs up or thumbs down and not thumbs sideways.  Look at the merch available...awful compounded by an awful logo.  It's never good to have to explain what is going on with a design...oh...those are soundwaves?  Uh..okay.  Please convey to me which frequency they represent other than God awful.

I continue to need to vent.  Very disappointing.  Hopefully the stadium will make up for the new logo's atrocity.

You are so right that logo is horrible and it needs to go. 

The stadium can stay it looks great . The industrial look is pretty cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hirtme said:

That line of residential homes along Bransford. Anyone know what's going on with those? Few times I've driven by I've never seen a sign that one is for sale? Are they zoned for anything other than residential? 

I’ve always wondered this too... I would hope it can be rezoned for commercial. That street could become something special with bars and retail

• Like 1

From something called the "Stadium Data Base".....

The first ever football-specific stadium in Nashville, Tennessee is expected to be built in the southern fairgrounds area of the city. Its double-tiered stands were designed to hold 30,000 people with potential for expansion in the south, should such need arise.

Capacity of that level would make it one of the bigger stadia of MLS, where most stadiums are in the 20,000+ size. However, the size in Nashville is one way to convince Vanderbilt University football to play any games at the fairgrounds. With 30,000 the university team would hold a couple games per season, while reaching 35,000 could open the chance for full-time tenancy.

This HOK Architects vision is preliminary and became part of Nashville's MLS expansion bid. The stadium is most likely to be built in a public-private partnership, which would see all of the fairgrounds upgraded and renovated.

They seem to have some specific information that is presented as a matter of fact and not as speculation. The Vandy usage part, I think is still in play, but I had not heard that it was designed to be expanded (up to 35,000 seats?).

The article does have the most recent renderings released a few weeks ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe tides are changing at Vandy now that they have a new AD. 

Everything out there until that, has been no they would never move off campus. Maybe it’s a play a few games there while they are rebuilding their current stadium at its current location. That would make some sense, split it between Nissan and the new Soccer stadium. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHofKS said:

From something called the "Stadium Data Base".....

They seem to have some specific information that is presented as a matter of fact and not as speculation. The Vandy usage part, I think is still in play, but I had not heard that it was designed to be expanded (up to 35,000 seats?).

The article does have the most recent renderings released a few weeks ago.

I’ve wondered if they pushed back the opening to accommodate changes with Vandy. 

• Like 1

how much space is the new expo space supposed to be again?

I went to the flea market over the weekend for the first time since probably 1998, and 

1) it was packed

2) i forgot how much outdoor space was taken up.      for the most part all the good stuff was outside  under tents or in stalls under buildings.   the enclosed buildings were mostly junk.  as seen on tv items and such.   and a couple of the buildings were nearly empty.

I just used google maps to measure the area of the spaces I saw occupied and came up with 40,040 square meters.   both inside, outside, and under cover. 

is the new space anywhere this?

• Thanks 1