Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

@PaulChinetti I just received an email about NSC and it read as this:  "...Band Together with Nashville Soccer Club as they kick off their final USL season before moving to MLS..." 

I was under the impression this entire time that they would be keeping both franchises.  That sounds like they are folding the USL club.  Did I miss that in a previous communication??

10 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I saw a small sketch on some photos of the public meeting documents regarding the layout of the additional mixed use buildings when Planning was asking for input and was intrigued. It seemed to hint at an architectural style that I think would be awesome for a soccer town adjacent to the stadium.

40345243183_e46f2661b5_c.jpg

This is looking from the west on Wedgewood. The Skyline structure is interesting in that it seems to support some sort of rooftop eatery. But the early 20th century building style is an awesome touch. I hope it turns out like this.

Eagerly awaiting final renderings. 

Does anyone have a photo of that building as it looks today?

38 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I wonder if it would be more space efficient to build this all on 2 floors? 

I think that would be way harder for load in/out. 

@titanhog I've been wondering about that too. Hopefully the Fairgrounds is working with all the various groups to get feedback on how best to lay everything out.

• Like 2

Oh The more I look at the recent render and compare it to the layout of the building, there really won’t be much room for a parking structure like discussed a bit upthread. We are still waiting for slabs for the one building that will be at the end of the unframed building and two perpendicular shed off the Nolensville Pike side. Once these go in place there will really only be enough space for access road and vendor stall parking. Gonna have to hope for larger parking under the mixed use portion and hopefully part of the race track renovations. 

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Sad 1

Counterpoint: Seems like a good idea to me to not waste a bunch of money and real estate on parking facilities that will sit empty and unused for 340+ days of the year. And on gameday scarce parking is part of the fun that spreads economic impact around the area. Ride hailing is a great option that is only getting more popular (https://usa.streetsblog.org/2019/03/13/study-uber-and-lyft-reduce-the-need-for-parking/). Also we have tons of surplus parking  spread around the city that we can provide shuttles to and from. Cities with our development pattern typically have 10 parking spots for every car, which is massively  inefficient.

More amenities at the fairgrounds > more parking lots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1