Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

13 hours ago, henburg said:

The colors are not gold and purple, whatever said that was incorrect. I keep seeing the logo posted in poor quality that makes the blue look more purple, so that may be where the discrepancy came from. 

What said it was the official MLS shop.  All the merchandise now says “navy”.   I didn’t care either way but it’s definitely more “royal” looking than the Navy you see in the Preds or Titans merchandise.   

9 hours ago, nashvylle said:

@PaulChinetti if you happened to take some drone shots during the rain these past few days over the fairgrounds... can you please share them? 

Thanks 

I tried, I was never able to get out with it raining constantly. I'm going to try to get some today though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

ExpoBuildings_2_Feb_2019.jpg

If I had to take a guess, the far right of the excavated hill appears to be a perfect spot for parking. Access around the expo buildings will be a premium and I believe all the expo buildings will all be slab on grade. These two factors lead me to believe that a parking garage will be built into the hill (1-story) and will climb 2 or 3 levels so not to go beyond the tree line and interrupt the adjacent property.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

As nobody has seen final plans that I know of. I have to think they are considering the parking situation and the possibility one or more parking garages on both sites.  

I hope you are right. Last I heard events would park on the soccer fields. 30,500 is number used in past, but I've read 27,500 most recently in more than one place. Reality is they can adjust it up or down by 5K to 10K if they wanted to. 

On photo, these are new buildings for flea market that are going up first right? How many will there be? Also, mind if I post photo on Twitter?

4 minutes ago, hirtme said:

I hope you are right. Last I heard events would park on the soccer fields. 30,500 is number used in past, but I've read 27,500 most recently in more than one place. Reality is they can adjust it up or down by 5K to 10K if they wanted to. 

On photo, these are new buildings for flea market that are going up first right? How many will there be? Also, mind if I post photo on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/paulchinetti/status/1100408068079116289

Here ya go @hirtme

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hirtme said:

I hope you are right. Last I heard events would park on the soccer fields. 30,500 is number used in past, but I've read 27,500 most recently in more than one place. Reality is they can adjust it up or down by 5K to 10K if they want to. 

In his letter pleading to the council to approve the project, the Mayor quoted the 30,500 capacity number. So that's what I go by.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

If I had to take a guess, the far right of the excavated hill appears to be a perfect spot for parking. Access around the expo buildings will be a premium and I believe all the expo buildings will all be slab on grade. These two factors lead me to believe that a parking garage will be built into the hill (1-story) and will climb 2 or 3 levels so not to go beyond the tree line and interrupt the adjacent property.

I know these renderings are mainly schematic, but @Bos2NashI agree with you and I hope you are correct. A parking lot needs to be located in the area you mention. 

image.png.0dec8f82bb763fd5d77ba9c5c01405fb.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Is ParkWhiz (or something similar) utilized at Bridgestone Arena or Nissan Stadium?

https://www.lafc.com/post/2019/02/26/banc-california-stadium-teams-parkwhiz-provide-lafc-fans-new-and-improved-2019

ParkWhiz is just an app. I've used it a couple of times. Like AirB&B for parking. Not sure what the partnership does, but reserving a space for $25 in LA seems good. Nissan was charging that for the two USL games there last season.

• Thanks 1