Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

It's a one for one replacement of the space @volsfanwill There will be the same amount of conditioned and unconditioned space, it will all just be way more consolidated. 

"It's slated to include 125,000 square feet of conditioned space and 100,000 square feet of unconditioned space as well as outdoor open space. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking it was. But then I got worried when I saw how spread out everything was. 

I went late on Saturday, drove right in, I was lucky and found a spot immediately. Leaving was no trouble either. But there were a lot of people already there. 

I'll also add that i only saw 1 no MLS sign. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

Judge Ellen Hobbs Lyle has once again denied the Save Our Fairgrounds coalition's request to revive their lawsuit against the stadium.  She said the group seeking to stop construction of the city's Major League Soccer stadium had failed to identify "genuine issues" that justified a lawsuit challenging the build.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2019/03/27/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-against-nashville-mls-stadium-construction/3290497002/

Was that the last potential lawsuit/hang up?   

41 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I think they would as they've been open throughout the process. 

Then again, are they going to start changing their designs on the off chance that Nascar can get the money and decides to come to the track? 

I think the easiest solution is to add another entrance to the racetrack

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

I think the easiest solution is to add another entrance to the racetrack

I mentioned this on the neighborhood thread as a viable option. Unfortunately Formosa does not have the resources and SMI won't invest much without a public/private relationship. Creating a new entrance would be great, working it around the parking concerns, new buildings and new expo buildings would probably call for a re-invention of the fan experience all around the speedway and probably infield. Thats alot of money.

To put it in perspective, Daytona International Speedway just re did their fan experience and grandstand entry points and it cost them $400 million. ISM (Pheonix) Raceway just completed a renovation of grandstands, moving the start finish line and infield redo and that cost them $178 million. The closest project in speedway size is the Colossus transformation that Bristol just underwent a couple years ago where they constructed some massive pylons to create a floating video screen (4 actually) and a massive sound system that has a speaker no more than 90 feet from each of the 100,000+ fans that are in the speedway.