Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

With the new buildings in place, I would expect more expo type shows to fill any calendar days vacated by the state fair.  Even some of the arts & crafts shows held elsewhere might consider moving to a venue where a roof would salvage a rainout at one of the parks that now host.

Could definitely see some new beerfests and things like that making the move possibly, especially with a covered area.

2 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Where is the Fair moving?

They said they are doing it at the Fairgrounds, they haven't said where they are moving to yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Compared to the other MLS stadiums being built it’s a little underwhelming but I’ll still be there watching games!!  

It's about as basic as it gets design wise... but hey, the fact that we're getting an MLS team at all is a major win, so I can't complain too much!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Disappointing to have two MLS years in Nissan. Kind of a black hole for atmosphere unless you can completely fill the lower bowl.

I disagree. Nissan Stadium's location is second to none, and parking/ingress/egress will not be an issue, especially for fans new to soccer who could be thrown off by lack of parking, traffic, construction, etc.

I expect a lot of the growing pain issues with The Fairgrounds site to be mostly worked out by 2022. As @markhollin stated, the retail and adjacent development are very important to the site, and that being built out in time for the games is essential. Fans shouldn't have to walk through a construction zone to get to a game. 

As far the stadium, yes it is pretty standard. However, if $ is reserved and applied to better players, which leads to more wins, then the stadium works for me!

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

Yeah...part of me would like to see some of the "flash" of other MLS stadiums...but in the end, it's all about what goes on inside.  If the fairgrounds area gets some cool bars, restaurants, etc...then it will be an awesome place to be.  Would love to see some of those old homes along Wedgewood turn into restaurants and bars and make that a really cool, fun, hip neighborhood to hang before games.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I disagree. Nissan Stadium's location is second to none, and parking/ingress/egress will not be an issue, especially for fans new to soccer who could be thrown off by lack of parking, traffic, construction, etc.

I expect a lot of the growing pain issues with The Fairgrounds site to be mostly worked out by 2022. As @markhollin stated, the retail and adjacent development are very important to the site, and that being built out in time for the games is essential. Fans shouldn't have to walk through a construction zone to get to a game. 

As far the stadium, yes it is pretty standard. However, if $ is reserved and applied to better players, which leads to more wins, then the stadium works for me!

Fair enough all those points are well taken. I don't mean it as a knock on Nissan. Just saying that say they draw 18-20k-ish in there. That's not a great in game atmosphere in Nissan.

6 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...part of me would like to see some of the "flash" of other MLS stadiums...but in the end, it's all about what goes on inside.  If the fairgrounds area gets some cool bars, restaurants, etc...then it will be an awesome place to be.  Would love to see some of those old homes along Wedgewood turn into restaurants and bars and make that a really cool, fun, hip neighborhood to hang before games.

I do think (pray) that will happen. Wedgewood and all surrounding areas need to be rezoned for commercial and have it look/feel like 12South meets East Nashville meets The Gulch. 

3 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Fair enough all those points are well taken. I don't mean it as a knock on Nissan. Just saying that say they draw 18-20k-ish in there. That's not a great in game atmosphere in Nissan.

I do believe the upper decks will be closed off and tarped. They even do that for certain games in Atlanta and Seattle. 

• Like 3

Just now, TheRaglander said:

Question for you all since I have yet to go to a USL game... I've watched a bunch of MLS games on TV and the atmosphere is amazing.  Are our roadies that loud?  I really hope our MLS crowd gets into it like some of these other active MLS markets.  It looks exciting!

I think all you have to do is look at Preds fans to know our MLS fans will be some of the best in the biz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I think all you have to do is look at Preds fans to know our MLS fans will be some of the best in the biz.

if they/we can be a fraction of what ATL United is then it will be really fun....their atmosphere is incredible.

• Like 2

I like the look, nothing flashy or fancy that will look dated in a few years. Just build it to last and spend the money on the inside.

Playing in another year in Nissan is disappointing but with construction as it is, I figured there would be a delay somewhere in the process.

26 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I know a lot of people are worried about parking and I'm in that crowd partially but if there isn't parking... People just won't drive, they will get there other ways. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulChinetti said:

I know a lot of people are worried about parking and I'm in that crowd partially but if there isn't parking... People just won't drive, they will get there other ways. 

I really hope/pray that these areas in the bottom left are bought and developed into surface parking / parking garages. Yes, the price will be high for the land, but Nashville SC should strive to have the best soccer tailgating experience in the MLS. 

image.png.1e91817d245b53743c0fd8c1580ca8cc.png