Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

19 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Per the TENNESSEAN (subscription)…...

"The team will make a major announcement at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Marathon Music Works. The club is expected to announce its team name, logo and color scheme for its first season next year."

Maybe it was a bit ambitious of me to expect some new site/stadium renderings tonight as well, but I hope it's a little more than just that. I definitely feel like we should at least get to see uniforms as well since almost all of the other teams have begun unveiling their own. 

• Thanks 1

The fact that the Don is going to be there makes me ill. Other than that very much looking forward to it. With Judah and the Lion playing (The Weeks too) I wonder if Kacey Musgraves will be there given they just released a song together today. If so which Grammy dress would look best in gold???

4 hours ago, hirtme said:

The fact that the Don is going to be there makes me ill. Other than that very much looking forward to it. With Judah and the Lion playing (The Weeks too) I wonder if Kacey Musgraves will be there given they just released a song together today. If so which Grammy dress would look best in gold???

Judah and the Lion are there tonight??!!!!  How did I not know about this?  My wife and I LOVE J+TL!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

From all of the comments I've read on other sites, I think the only major issue is the octagonal shape of the crest.

It's a very awkward choice, and I can't think of the reasoning behind it at all. The team hasn't even justified its use, which is very unusual at these big grand unveilings. The arrangement of the elements just feels really arbitrary and slapped together, which isn't what you want in a crest. 

• Thanks 1

It's not that I dislike it, it's just that I thought the USL logo was far superior, and actually had a purpose.  This new logo kind of reminds me of the Oklahoma City Thunder's logo in that it just looks, as @henburg said, arbitrary and thrown together.  The Thunder's logo is the initials "OKC" and a basketball inside an extremely random shield, and it is terrible:

oklahoma-logo-design-basketball-logos-nb

Edited by BnaBreaker