Greenville County Square redevelopment

gman430

I noticed Altar'd State was listed as an LOI tenant on the County Square PDF.  Then I saw this in GVLtoday this morning:  "According to land records, the LLC tied to women's clothier Altar'd State has purchased the downtown building located at 1 S. Main Street (where Sticky Fingers is located)."  Downtown is about to get really interesting...

Edited by greenvilleguy

3 minutes ago, greenvilleguy said:

I noticed Altar'd State was listed as an LOI tenant on the County Square PDF.  Then I saw this in GVLtoday this morning:  "According to land records, the LLC tied to women's clothier Altar'd State has purchased the downtown building located at 1 S. Main Street (where Sticky Fingers is located)."  Downtown is about to get really interesting...

Downtown has been the place for awhile. I wouldn’t mind Haywood Mall closing and it getting redeveloped into a dense mixed use area. Wasn’t it supposed to be branded Uptown? lol. 

17 minutes ago, greenvilleguy said:

So Sticky Fingers is closing then? Must of got a better deal at this spot or they didn’t want to wait on County Square and have to renew their lease at Haywood Mall. Hoping LuLulemon stays in their spot downtown also. 

By the way, AS Revival and Tullabee which are shown on that leaked County Square plan are also owned by Altar’d State.

Edited by gman430

25 minutes ago, greenvilleguy said:

Stopped in Southern Tide over the weekend.  Their corporate office is moving from Villa Rd to this development.  That's why we saw them on the site plan.  The store is remaining at Camperdown.

Wow. That’s great news to hear. Two major corporate headquarters for this development already. Very nice. 

edit: wait…I thought they were going to the Borden building: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/greenvilles-southern-tide-moving-hq-to-historic-borden-building/

Edited by gman430

Interesting.  I can't imagine the cost to break the lease at Camperdown unless they only signed a 2 or 3 year lease?   Same with  Altar'd State being listed here and the Sticky Fingers location, even though they have several brands.  Will definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.   If anyone stops in this weekend maybe ask again?  Landing Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and Whole Foods is really going to change the retail landscape downtown.  Also, Southern Tide wasn't listed as a leased tenant on the PDF so maybe that changed since then?

Edited by greenvilleguy
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, greenvilleguy said:

Interesting.  I can't imagine the cost to break the lease at Camperdown unless they only signed a 2 or 3 year lease?   Same with  Altar'd State being listed here and the Sticky Fingers location, even though they have several brands.  Will definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.   If anyone stops in this weekend maybe ask again?  Landing Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and Whole Foods is really going to change the retail landscape downtown.  Also, Southern Tide wasn't listed as a leased tenant on the PDF so maybe that changed since then?

Southern Tide was listed as “at lease” on the site plan. Maybe they are just moving their store from Camperdown to here??? Either that or it was supposed to be their corporate HQ and they backed out.

On 10/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, greenvilleguy said:

Altar'd State is a Maryville TN based retailer They just announced their parent has just purchased and are moving their corporate HQ  to downtown Knoxville at the former Warner Brothers Discovery campus. Don't know why they would want that SF building other than to put a store there.

https://www.wate.com/news/knox-county-news/part-of-former-knoxville-discovery-campus-bought-for-27-million-by-altard-state/

Edited by vistatiger

https://greenvillejournal.com/community/septic-restrictions-move-forward-county-square-demolition-begins-greenville-county-council-notes/

Update: Demolition begins on old County Square

County Administrator Joe Kernell told council demolition of the old administrative building would begin as early as Nov. 8 or 9 starting on the end of the building closest to the new county administrative building along Church Street.

He said the work would likely conclude in January after EMS relocates to its new headquarters on Halton Road. Crews will try to minimize disruptions to public access to county offices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/whats-next-for-university-ridge-development-infrastructure-work-and-lots-of-it/

Just a quick note about what is next; infrastructure, 12 total buildings coming. Here's a quote:

“We have more demand from restaurant and retail tenants than we have space.” — Phil Mays, principal with RocaPoint Partners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Impressive.

2023 was demolition.
2024 infrastructure.
So, what's everyone's guess for Phase I completion? 12/2026 (I have no idea how long it takes to build a 40 acre downtown). 

Which will hopefully include a 24-hour, high end, lifting gym. (the more I write it the higher the chance it comes, right?)  ;0)

4 hours ago, GVLer said:

Who wants to play the role of Gman430 and rant about no vertical construction until 2025! 😀

If you want to call 3 and 4 stories vertical then ok. So only 10 buildings left, 2 already built thought it was more. Are they already cutting back? Why would it take a year for 40 acres of infrastructure? They can build a 70k seat dome stadium in that time.  How was that?

Edited by apaladin
  • Thanks 1